collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: offdahook season over?  (Read 7958 times)

Offline _TONY_

• TWO BAD HOMBRES
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Sagebrush junkie
Re: offdahook season over?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »
My bet is he probably see's Phil launching his boat, in the mornings, after odh's done with his  night of glo-flossin'...

Offline SeaRun1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »
u guyz r just gel us dat he knowz how 2 outfish every one.

I'd like to know this guys secrets as he seems to know how to get it done.

Naches...

It's simply TOW in this state.  You spend a lot of time on the water and you get good.  Fishing isn't nearly as hard as hunting in this state IMO.

This guy fishes the Puyallup, Cowlitz, Humptulips, Nisqually, and many other non zipper lips.  If you weren't out scouting and hunting you could be as good without a doubt.

That being said I will acknowledge that some guys are "fishier" then others.  I know some guys that could catch fish in a mud puddle.  It's pretty cool when you talk with them as they are focused.  Slaying chums, coho and hatchery brats at common gathering spots doesn't compare to what those guys do.

Compare the knowledge of lining Springers at Barrier on the  Cowlitz like ODH does to a guy that knows the main Columbia and consistently catches Springers.  Big difference but one that a dedicated sportsman could figure out with time on the water.

Of course these guys don't feel the need to post EVERY fish they catch so you may not know they are doing it.

SR1
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:11:44 PM by SeaRun1 »

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
Big Woop Woop !!!!!!! The secret is the smelly stuff............................................. :o
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Bullkllr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
u guyz r just gel us dat he knowz how 2 outfish every one.

I'd like to know this guys secrets as he seems to know how to get it done.

Naches...

It's simply TOW in this state.  You spend a lot of time on the water and you get good.  Fishing isn't nearly as hard as hunting in this state IMO.

This guy fishes the Puyallup, Cowlitz, Humptulips, Nisqually, and many other non zipper lips.  If you weren't out scouting and hunting you could be as good without a doubt.

That being said I will acknowledge that some guys are "fishier" then others.  I know some guys that could catch fish in a mud puddle.  It's pretty cool when you talk with them as they are focused.  Slaying chums, coho and hatchery brats at common gathering spots doesn't compare to what those guys do.

Compare the knowledge of lining Springers at Barrier on the  Cowlitz like ODH does to a guy that knows the main Columbia and consistently catches Springers.  Big difference but one that a dedicated sportsman could figure out with time on the water.

Of course these guys don't feel the need to post EVERY fish they catch so you may not know they are doing it.

SR1
Very well put, Searun  :tup:
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Hawgdawg

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
He never steer me wrong! Great guy to fish with. And has lots of fresh eggs. Ofth set the hook!

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
You have fished with the legendary off da hook?  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline SeaRun1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
You know I have to be honest.  I don't really have a problem with ODH and his fish pictures.  I don't understand the tongue hanging out or the need to black his face out.  It just seems so juvenile.  I guess the guy is having fun and he catches fish and more power to him.

I just get upset at how an American citizen could take pride in the illegible posting like he does.  It would embarrass me to write like that.  I guess that's my problem though. 

I'm done biting on his posts and will move on.  Shame on me and I apologize for wasting board space doing it. 

SR1

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
You know I have to be honest.  I don't really have a problem with ODH and his fish pictures.  I don't understand the tongue hanging out or the need to black his face out.  It just seems so juvenile.  I guess the guy is having fun and he catches fish and more power to him.
I just get upset at how an American citizen could take pride in the illegible posting like he does.  It would embarrass me to write like that.  I guess that's my problem though. 
I'm done biting on his posts and will move on.  Shame on me and I apologize for wasting board space doing it. 
SR1

I agree 100%, but I am embarrassed for the site.  Been on this site for a long time and yes, I am embarrassed as to what these fishing threads are becoming...  Used to be fun to see what folks were catching, maybe share a trip or two with others, but these posts are ridiculous to say the least...  Have some respect for others on the board, show the fish and give a fishing report -excellent!  But do away with sounding like a getto 3rd grader!!!   If this stuff went on in any of the hunting threads, holy crap!!!!   I also am done and this will be my last comment on anything ODH posts. 

Offline Band

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »
I just get upset at how an American citizen could take pride in the illegible posting like he does.  It would embarrass me to write like that.
No kidding, more embarrassing folk hero I have even seen. :P

Offline offdahook

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 01:36:45 AM »
i eat meat i eat rice

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 02:32:01 AM »
I think it is disgusting the way a few members continually mock offdahook. He has broken no forum rules that I have found so he can continue to post his photos. I have questioned if his fishing methods are against the law and cannot get an affirmative definite answer that they are. What amazes me is the hatred a few people have for this guy! If he is truly breaking the law talk to some WDFW wardens and ask them to watch him. If he is breaking the law they will catch him. Otherwise if he isn't actually breaking the law and the problem is that you just don't agree with his fishing methods then get off his back if he isn't actually breaking the law. If you think his fishing methods should be against the law then contact WDFW and the wildlife commission and get the law changed.

This topic is locked!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal