collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bird Taxidermy question  (Read 14383 times)

Offline John B

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Master Hunter, NRA, DU
Re: Bird Taxidermy question
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Dont really care for the tactics of throwing the individuals name out there like that. In my opinion you could have very well used his username didn't see were he even said it was you.

:yeah:

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »
Dont really care for the tactics of throwing the individuals name out there like that. In my opinion you could have very well used his username didn't see were he even said it was you.

I agree.  Seems like he was just looking for guidance. Also seems like he was very patient.  Unless there is more going on here than we know I think Natures Way is out of line in more than one way!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »
Always more than one side to any given story.  Was a name needed to clarify if this annonymous user was indeed the right person.???  I immediately figured Natures Way when Spanaway was mentioned, so can appreciate him wanting to clean the air. I have been looking at his work for sometime and am contemplating taking some there.  This might have dissuaded me from doing so.    Up front, face to face, no excuses from him.  Seems much better resolution than some of the other wayward taxidermy threads we have had on here. I immediately thought run around by the tone of the OPs post.   That was dismissed by the way the business handled it.  Wouldn't you want to protect against your reputation if you were in business.  Like I said, glad it seems to have ended as it did.   Stuff happens, especially in this industry.  I'd be happy as heck with that mount, even if it took a little extra time.   My thoughts aren't worth this but :twocents:    Also curious why we haven't heard from the OP :dunno:

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
Couldn't have said that any better. :tup:

.........waiting on the OP's as well..........

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:12 AM »
When I have something in the shop, I tend to show my face often, out of interest primarily, but I believe it helps.  I would wait for the finished product before venting any frustrations, and usually a great finished product soon erases the disappointment of the deal.

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »

I agree.  Seems like he was just looking for guidance. Also seems like he was very patient.  Unless there is more going on here than we know I think Natures Way is out of line in more than one way!

Nature's way will never get my business.  He threw out your first and last name!!! 1st off unprofessional.   Then he passed off your bird to a third party before he asked if that was ok.  I have had birds mounted and it took about a month max. I use Whidbey Island Taxidermy for most things.  I am using 10 point Taxidermy for my bear rug (takes about a year).   But I can honestly say the lack of professionalism and calling people out by name on a Forum is totally unsat. regardless of how good they do.  So Natures Way is off my Taxidermy list.
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »
Then he passed off your bird to a third party

Very common.   There is a pretty good chance your bear rug was too.   Just as a point to your post. 

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
I talked to the guy an specifically asked him to do it him self and that is why it is taking over 12 months
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »
Good thing to be aware of going in.   Most are not.    :tup:

Offline sirmissalot

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »
Its very common for most good taxi's to sub work out. Fish, rugs, birds, and skulls are all very common to send out to a third party

Offline HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
Its very common for most good taxi's to sub work out. Fish, rugs, birds, and skulls are all very common to send out to a third party

There's nothing wrong with that.  As long as the customer knows it ahead of time.

Offline sirmissalot

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
Interesting way of thinking.

Offline HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Interesting way of thinking.

Is this in reference to my comment?

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »

Nature's way will never get my business.  He threw out your first and last name!!! 1st off unprofessional.   Then he passed off your bird to a third party before he asked if that was ok.  I have had birds mounted and it took about a month max. I use Whidbey Island Taxidermy for most things.  I am using 10 point Taxidermy for my bear rug (takes about a year).   But I can honestly say the lack of professionalism and calling people out by name on a Forum is totally unsat. regardless of how good they do.  So Natures Way is off my Taxidermy list.

I don't really think he will miss your business.  :twocents:

His work is top notch look at all his posts of finished work on here, plus I've seen it first hand at the sportsmanship show.  :tup:

If I lived closer to him and didn't already use a top notch taxi he would get my business.  :hello:

He is just protecting his business from some troll who didn't do his home work before posting, or hiring him to do his mount.

I learned my lesson on my first deer mount along time ago, ask questions about the whole process they use, if they send out some work, look at the finished product they get back, etc there is never a dumb question when you are the customer!  :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline kodiak 907

• Sourdough
  • Groups: U.S. Navy/Combat Recon, NRA, DU
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »

Agreed. Lack of professionalism and customer service/communication  :twocents:
Spider 2 Y banana

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal