collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cleaning up and Putting things away for a spell  (Read 1897 times)

Offline oneshot12

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSMA ,NMLRA, NRA
Cleaning up and Putting things away for a spell
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Now that Hunting season is all but over  :'(   its time to get to some of the much needed projects  . Have a Trade Gun been meaning to give real going over so it  will  be ready for spring  Turkey   :) .    time for the winter as well  projects need  to run some ball for shooting,   work on all the gear that needs to be cleaned or  re-browned    bear grease the locks  and triggers  clean the stocks good . need to do some much needed up  keep on the things that keep muzzle loader  shooting  so much fun .Just  have to wait a while be for the black powder  Rondie  events start  again after the first of the year so I have lots to keep me  busy prepping for these coming events   . Want to say  Congratulations to all of you how made meat this past season  .Those who were not so lucky   I hope you had a great time in the woods  regardless  . Looking forward to  hearing the stories around the camp fires this winter along with reading them here . Made some new friends  and look to make a bunch in the up coming seasons. Keep you powder dry.   Take care of your guns or they will not take care of you when you need them next time .I wish you all a Merry Christmas  and a safe and happy New Year   

Offline elkboy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Cleaning up and Putting things away for a spell
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »
Thanks, Oneshot!  Warmest wishes back at ya!  I too have been putting away the camo, cleaning the packboards, and oiling up the guns for a nice long winter's rest.  It is a little bittersweet, of course, but I am already dreaming of next season.  Maybe I'll finally get to go turkey hunting this year!  (The work year is always busiest for me during gobbler season, grrr) 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!  Such a great group of people on here!  :)

Offline Soady

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
Truly this has been a great enjoyable season from start to finish and I too am reluctant to end it now though I know it is time. Time for more practice, scouting, planning and dreaming of next season. May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, along with prosperous scouting, planning and dreams to last until we do it all over again.
Whatever........

Offline elkboy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »
I thought I was hooked on hunting before... and 2014 just kicked it up a notch!  I had an "apprentice" hunter, who, although she didn't shoot her own deer, demonstrated every other skill, including scouting and tactics, target shooting, blood trailing, field dressing, and butchering.  I am sure she has many deer in her future! 

Also, I have come to appreciate the muzzleloader community even more this year.  Just met even more folks in my community who shoot blackpowder, from Hawkens to custom sidelocks to Traditions to Knight.  I am already dreaming of next fall... September can't come quickly enough!  Happy winter to all of you.     

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]