collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help Me Out  (Read 7873 times)

Offline yelp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Help Me Out
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »
Here is my eastern I got in 1998....I would concentrate capital forest from porter to oakville.  Also try areas down by Lincoln Creek.  I got some other spots...but don't want to advertise them. They are out there...I grew up in the Capitol Forest..know it well...My grand parents own ground in Littlerock and have easterns on thier property. Good Luck. 
Wild Turkey, Walleyes, Whitetails and Wapiti..These are a few of my favorite things!!

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline Turkeyman

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
Easten's are out there but not in big numbers. You will find them in small flocks in certain area's. When you get good at killing them it will make the east side turkeys seem like a cake walk. The trick is when you find them dont tell anyone they wont take pressure very well. They dont talk as much as the birds on the east side. I have taking several and called in birds for friends. I am lucky to have birds close to home that i have been hunting sence 1994 and am a active member of NWTF i have been apart of helping release the birds we bought from Missouri and Iowa back in the early 90's.
If it flies it dies.

Offline yelp

• Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
HEy turkeyman...good to see you. been awhile.  How's your dad?  Tell him I said Hi!  Happy Holidays. 

Eric Braaten
Wild Turkey, Walleyes, Whitetails and Wapiti..These are a few of my favorite things!!

Born to Yelp!

Offline Turkeyman

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »
Hi Eric nice to here from you. Dad is doing great he is retiring in 10 day's. We need to get togethere and do some hunting some time. I can show you some eastern spots.
If it flies it dies.

Offline yelp

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 08:14:48 AM »
I can't believe it...retiring.   Yep you still got those easterns pinned down.  I haven't gone after em since 1998.  My parents live over there..I guess I have been having too much fun over here.  My son will be 7 this year gonna try and get him out next year..he goes with me a few times a year to practice...etc.  He got to see some last year he is still talking about it.  We hunt Lincoln County a lot.  Occasionall we will run up north for a bird or two. Lot of snow this year....talk at you later send me a PM with your contact info...I'll reply with mine..Take Care.  Happy New Year.

Born to Yelp!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal