collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best out of box rifle under 1000.00?  (Read 24259 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Best out of box rifle under 1000.00?
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »

REM 700 and put the rest in to trigger and good chasi. Good rule of thumb is spend the same on your glass as the rifle. That said I love my vortex viper PST!!!! Good glass,tracks true, and has taken a BEATING!!!!

Then you have a rifle that shoots as good as a $400 savage!!
that's funny right there!  I was pointing out  that I didn't go by the good rule of thumb.  That scope is sitting on top of a REM 700 sps varmint 26" in a XLR Industry's chasi. 

the acu-trigger is pretty good for a factory trigger. But can't even run in the same race as a timmeny. 
thanks for the laugh tho :tup:

I was talking about the need to change parts on a Remington to get it to run with a Savage.

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of a $400 savage with an acu triger. Maybe the mark2 22lr?

I've got 2. A .300 win mag and a .30-06
Both with accutriggers. Pretty much all of the newer-ish 110-10 series rifles have accutriggers. Oh and I paid $150 for the -06.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
Re: Best out of box rifle under 1000.00?
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

REM 700 and put the rest in to trigger and good chasi. Good rule of thumb is spend the same on your glass as the rifle. That said I love my vortex viper PST!!!! Good glass,tracks true, and has taken a BEATING!!!!

that's funny right there!  I was pointing out  that I didn't go by the good rule of thumb.  That scope is sitting on top of a REM 700 sps varmint 26" in a XLR Industry's chasi. 

the acu-trigger is pretty good for a factory trigger. But can't even run in the same race as a timmeny. 

I was talking about the need to change parts on a Remington to get it to run with a Savage.

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of a $400 savage with an acu triger. Maybe the mark2 22lr?

Both with accutriggers. Pretty much all of the newer-ish 110-10 series rifles have accutriggers. Oh and I paid $150 for the -06.
the op stated out of the box which would imply new not used.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
Cheapest 110 im finding is $691msrp.  Tho the 110BA looks sweet!
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 08:10:23 PM »

the op stated out of the box which would imply new not used.

My reply was more intended to answer your question regarding the accutriggers. New $400 savage rifles have accutriggers.  How's that?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »
Can find a new Remington Sendero or lightly used for under a $1,000

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
Best advice I can give with my limited experience is you will be better off putting $1000 in to a rifle you already own than buying a $1000 rifle.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »

Cheapest 110 im finding is $691msrp.  Tho the 110BA looks sweet!

$599 for a 10T and that's their "tactical" model with the bull barrel, etc.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Savage174-10T-Tactical-Bolt-Action-Rifle/1695199.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18%26No%3D0%26N%3D0%26nl%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DSavage%2B110%26search%3DSearch&No=0&Ntt=Savage+110

The .300 I have was $479 at cabelas and it came with a Nikon scope. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »

Best advice I can give with my limited experience is you will be better off putting $1000 in to a rifle you already own than buying a $1000 rifle.

Fully agree.

Offline T Pearce

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »
I used to think Savage was ugly....... then my friend set set me up on the bench with his rifles. I ordered my 204 the next week.
Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »
How much criticisim does the OP wanna get info for a $1000 rifle, which might be the best shooting rifle ever for him. How much do the self-righteous owners, of any $1000 out of the box, wanna be critical of a members question ? I know it's all up to the person who is behind the trigger.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
How much criticisim does the OP wanna get info for a $1000 rifle, which might be the best shooting rifle ever for him. How much do the self-righteous owners, of any $1000 out of the box, wanna be critical of a members question ? I know it's all up to the person who is behind the trigger.

It's Ford/Chevy/Dodge, and it's all been clean.

Having said that, buy the Savage 111 combo for under $500, and outshoot all the Remington's, Winchesters and Rugers.       :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »
lol when ya ask for peoples opinions, you will get them all.  You know what they say about opinions lol

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Yup.....   although if you pour enough money into that thing, it will run with the Savages.     :tup:
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
Yup.....   although if you pour enough money into that thing, it will run with the Savages.     :tup:

You mean a factory MSR? :chuckle:

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »

You mean a factory MSR? :chuckle:

Lipstick on a pig.......   It's still a Remington.

The good news is, you can send it back to the factory and they'll replace the trigger for free.     :chuckle:
I love the BFRO!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]