collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Help Fast  (Read 12163 times)

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: Need Help Fast
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
It seems to me that every years from around Christmas on there are way more people doing stupid things out duck hunting. I've seen my fair share of idiots in one area in particular . And it reminds me of the people orange radish had talked about. With these guys running up and down the salt chasing off the birds shooting extremely far they are spooking off all the puddle ducks from my zone. Earlier this year we would hold off for puddle ducks but as the year progressed the last three trips we've gone here the same guys have been doing this to us resulting in no puddle ducks. So instead of going home empty we ended up shooting more buffleheads than anything. It sucks that these guys have done this to us. Because we floattube for between and hour and an 1.5 to were we hunt battling currents getting exhausted. Then these guys come in with a boat doing this.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 01:04:33 PM »
I didn't mean to single out 'new' waterfowl hunters as being the only problem out there. I'm sure there's some season'd jerks out there also. I've gotten a few PM's and read these posts so don't take offense folks just because you're new at duck hunting. New or old you can still be a jerk and new or old you can be a good guy in the field.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline hdshot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 01:46:18 PM »
To some about 90% of the fun is to screw others. 
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »
Sorry you had a another bad hunt but you should have called me, I bet if I was with you they would have moved to a safer distance, just like the guys that moved when we were hunting  together.
 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Did you a east get a limit of birds?
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »
Makes me glad I don't waterfowl hunt

Offline Carl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »
Man, as a new duck hunter, this is really depressing! 

I’ve been trying to find places to go and folks to go with until I can outfit myself.  I’ve been looking forward to having the means to take others out and return the generosity shown to me by others.  But reading threads like this makes me wonder if the investment in duck hunting is worth it.  I’m not about to give up anytime soon, but the lack of respect and civility in these stories in amazing!

Carl

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 12:59:07 PM »
This is one of the reasons why so few duck hunters share ANYTHING about the sport, aside from some basics...

100 yards is too close for safty's sake...  I would bet that they would move if BB's were bouncing off thier Hull....
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Gobble

• Frontiersman
  • Wack'em and Stack'em
    • Dave Harder
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 01:05:04 PM »
Sadly, Alot of the younger generation (and some older)  has the "Screw You" attitude and it really spoils the experience for others, If you want to see this firsthand go fishing on a river during salmon season, that brings out the worst in people, modern Elk is the same.

Sorry your experience was bad, I beleive in Karma and eventually they will be punished in one way or another 

Offline NW-GSP

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

I’ve been trying to find places to go and folks to go with until I can outfit myself.  I’ve been looking forward to having the means to take others out and return the generosity shown to me by others.  But reading threads like this makes me wonder if the investment in duck hunting is worth it.  I’m not about to give up anytime soon, but the lack of respect and civility in these stories in amazing!

Carl

Carl I would be willing to share some spots with you, btw are those doves in your profile pic?

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 09:41:27 PM »
Our WDFW came up with 200yds as the magic number that we need to allow other hunters. If you ask me, that's too close in open marsh areas like Nisqually and many other duck marshes. 300yds might be a minimum and that's only if respect for each others calling and decoy spreads are taken into consideration.
Numerous times over the years I've gotten to my primary spot only to find out I was too late. I simply turned around and headed to another or gave this group a wide birth and set up in a ? spot a safe and courteous distance from them.
I've also invited many a single hunter(and a couple father/son combos)to hunt with me over the years that came late. Some took me up on the offer and friends were made and fun times shared. One father/son combo I invited to accompany me a few years back didn't work out to well and is an example of why we need to educate the green horns. This father wanted to shoot at everything that passed but I was calling the shots. Nothing up to that time had been even close but finally he couldn't resist and jumped up and they opened up on a bufflehead that was passing us at about 75yds. He stated to me that he wanted his son to get as much shooting as possible. I told him the gun club was the place for that and I decided it was time for me to pick up my spread leaving them with nothing. I tried.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline Carl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 10:04:46 PM »

Carl I would be willing to share some spots with you, btw are those doves in your profile pic?

Yes, those are dove. And PM sent on your offer.  :tup:

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »

Carl

It's all hunting in general.  This year even one of my family members who lives near some family property we hunt he was  maliciously shooting at deer on the land claiming he didn't care if he got a deer and was trying to get a head shot.  Then the day I can finally break away from work to hunt he calls a neighbor to get permission and jets out before my advertised time all week in advance and tells the other family members he wish I was able to make it with him when I knew nothing.  He got one and I didn't. Never will talk to that mother F#$%^ker  again unless I'm dying and will never waste my time again hunting there because he didn't care if I got one is how his lies played out. 

Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal