collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Poached elk  (Read 5300 times)

Offline JWBINX

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: LIFE NRA, RMEF
Poached elk
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
A cow elk was shot and left to rot at mile post 36 today on hwy 410 today, if anybody knows
anything about this, please let Bruce Richards in Enumclaw know.
Pretty sad deal for sure. >:(

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Re: Poached elk
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
Piece of slime. Hope somebody turns this loser in.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:45:58 AM »
Someone did the same thing up the 1900 in little naches durning our muzzy hunt. Shot and let lay. :bash:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline notellumcreek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:14:11 AM »
Hard to believe with all the traffic around driving to and from crystal mtn. that no one else was on the road to witness this? What time? 

Could it have been hit and suffering and someone was decent enough to put it out of its misery?
CBM- commemorative bucks of michigannn

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »
Hard to believe with all the traffic around driving to and from crystal mtn. that no one else was on the road to witness this? What time? 

Could it have been hit and suffering and someone was decent enough to put it out of its misery?
I was wondering myself if it could have been hit by a car?  I've seen them before on the side of the road up there. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline JWBINX

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
We were wondering the same thing this morning on the the way to crystal mtn. I went over to Bruce Richards
house yesterday to let him know about it. It was dark on the way up this am however on the way down today
it was still there minus at least 1 hind quarter?

Offline notellumcreek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 03:34:07 PM »
Did you see a bullet hole on the thing?
 I haven't been to town since we started the holidays its been so damn busy up here at the mtn. I will check it out if it is still there tomorrow... I think MP 36 is near where rosscrazyelk saw a cougar on some road kill last year as well.
CBM- commemorative bucks of michigannn

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
I saw a dead elk yesterday in a clearcut up there. Real open new cut on downhill side. Was this the one you were referring to. I was gonna stop on the way home and investigate it but it got dark.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline JWBINX

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
I spoke with 3 Enumclaw guys who went done to the cow and they said it had a bullet hole in the body? but not a put out of misery
shot. It's on the left side the hwy coming down the mtn just after the guard rail ends at mile post 36, ravens are on it. Maybe I should go coyote hunting on the way up to Crystal??

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
That's the one I saw. Going up I saw it facing parallel to road. Coming down it was a 90 degree turn facing straight away. Wasn't sure if it was shot or hit by a car and I had accidentally had only tennis shoes on due to grabbing wrong boots that didn't fit me. So didn't stop to check it out. It had Ravens on it coming down the highway at dusk.
This is why our elk numbers are dropping.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 04:18:01 PM »
Hope someone has called it in.

Offline buglin4bulls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • HAHA! HERE WE GO
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
I saw the elk yesterday morning early, and reported it via the online poaching webpage since the wdfw office is closed weekends. I also called 911 and reported it. It does indeed have a perfect bullet hole entering the front right shoulder of the cow elk. We were down on the elk kill when a man pulled over and said he would run to Bruce's house to let him know. (possibly JWBINX) Me and two buddies hung out till the game warden got there. He did some investigating near the road for a casing and said there was not much he could do about the elk with a clean pass through and no bullet to find. He also informed me he would take the hind quarters to a wdfw cougar bait station where they trap cougars and collar them to track them and learn about them, so the animal would not go to complete waste. Its a shame people do that and waste such valuable meat that would provide food for many families.
This is the year im going to get drawn, i can feel it. NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED, NOT SELECTED... damn :(

Offline JWBINX

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 05:12:56 PM »
That was me Buglin4bulls, thanks for hanging out till the warden showed up. Had to get Bruce out of
his jammies. Pretty lousy feelin that someone would waste a Elk. That meat is like gold in my book.

Offline luv2hunt

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
I saw the elk yesterday morning early, and reported it via the online poaching webpage since the wdfw office is closed weekends. I also called 911 and reported it. It does indeed have a perfect bullet hole entering the front right shoulder of the cow elk. We were down on the elk kill when a man pulled over and said he would run to Bruce's house to let him know. (possibly JWBINX) Me and two buddies hung out till the game warden got there. He did some investigating near the road for a casing and said there was not much he could do about the elk with a clean pass through and no bullet to find. He also informed me he would take the hind quarters to a wdfw cougar bait station where they trap cougars and collar them to track them and learn about them, so the animal would not go to complete waste. Its a shame people do that and waste such valuable meat that would provide food for many families.

Here is a couple of pics you sent me buglin4bulls,  hopefully they post. Good job guys getting the warden involved, this sh!ts gotta stop! !

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal