collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: E collar  (Read 13104 times)

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: E collar
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
Hey Tom, if you train your dog correctly, you wont need the GPS  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

You can borrow mine when you pay up on that bet. Im dieing for that Costco Hot Dog and Chiro  :EAT:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Revwrangler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »
Don't buy Garmin!!!! I bought one and it is garbage! Tears the dogs neck up, I contacted Garmin and they refuse to do anything.

Offline 3dvapor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
I own the alpha its nice to have peace of mind knowing where your dog is all the time especially after losing a dog for a few hours while hunting in a corn field.  I used the gps this year to guide me down the mt in fog while chukar hunting.  It also has a flashing led on the collar for those long walks back to the truck in the dark.   

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 10:56:49 PM »
Don't buy Garmin!!!! I bought one and it is garbage! Tears the dogs neck up, I contacted Garmin and they refuse to do anything.
A few factors can contribute to hot spots. Allergy to the Nickle in the contact points to simply having it on to randomly and during long periods of wet skin
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »

A few factors can contribute to hot spots. Allergy to the Nickle in the contact points to simply having it on to randomly and during long periods of wet skin

I find it very odd. She can wear any other brand of training collar with no problem but if she wears that one for even a couple of hours her neck is bleeding when I take it off.

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »

:yeah: it's pretty common I used to get it a lot with my labs usually rotating positions on the dog on a regular basis limits the hotspot

You have tried every brand? I've had it happen with garmin, tt, dt, and dogtra, but I have used those a lot more than other brands
-Matt

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
I guess I cannot say every brand, but every other brand I have tried has no problem. I've tried Dogtra, TT, and a couple of off brands as well. None of them has caused no issue, but if she wears that one for a couple of hours and we are talking blood running down her neck. Not cool. Which is why I ended up throwing it away. Which I was pretty upset about considering what I paid for it.

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
Never mind, I thought I threw it away, but apparently my wife hung into it. She is determined to get some of our money back.

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:19 PM »
What model
-Matt

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
E collar
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »
Uh...I think a Delta Sport. I can't remember. I can look later tonight.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:49:42 PM by Revwrangler »

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
Huh that was even with the short prongs then, I usually see it more with longer prongs
-Matt

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:29 AM »

:yeah: it's pretty common I used to get it a lot with my labs usually rotating positions on the dog on a regular basis limits the hotspot

You have tried every brand? I've had it happen with garmin, tt, dt, and dogtra, but I have used those a lot more than other brands

There is no way a dog will bleed from a 5-10 minute session with a collar on. Matt, I don't believe I've ever met you. Do you run any HRC, hunt tests or field trials with your dogs you train? I'm at pointer hunt tests and trials in wa or and Idaho pretty regularly too.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:58 AM »

There is no way a dog will bleed from a 5-10 minute session with a collar on. Matt, I don't believe I've ever met you. Do you run any HRC, hunt tests or field trials with your dogs you train? I'm at pointer hunt tests and trials in wa or and Idaho pretty regularly too.

I never said 5-10 minutes. I said within a couple of hours.

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:57 AM »
I had one of the older TT units and it worked pretty well.
I later got one of the early Flyway units and found out why everyone said TT had the best service dept and product backing in the industry.  It's from experience, everyone had to use it.

Bought a Dogtra 2000 NC unit more than a dozen yrs ago and the only time I have had to send it back was after many years to change batteries.  It was a demo model I bought from a factory rep, I have no idea how many hrs it had on it before I got it.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

Nope, I don't have the desire for hunt tests ect.. Just train my dogs for hunting, and I've got access to a whole lot of different gear to use/test

-Matt

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal