collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of anyone trade rifles in at cabelas Update 3/15/15  (Read 12860 times)

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
What model is it?
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Bow tech hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Shoot if I know the model lol I may take a drive over to storage unit to unload some boxes I'll grab key give some time lol

Offline Bow tech hunter

• Scout
So I didn't make it over to storage unit to unload but I will update a pic this week sorry guys have any questions feel free to ask

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
I went in there this weekend to see what they'd give me for a rifle. They told me the gun was worth $500 bucks. They offered me $330. I did some research and noted they sold the same gun with same features online for over a grand. They told me they can only buy a gun based on "book" values. But they sell the guns based on the street values...
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
:) They are in the gun business to make money, not make you a fair deal. :dunno:
Carl

Exactly,
 They are very straight forward, they figure out what they will sell the gun for using the Blue Book and will give you 60% of that. Those numbers are set by corporate and all of the stores are supposed to be the same. If you want to do it great, if not, then don't do it.
exactly. Once traded or sold to a retailer, it becomes an expense out of their pocket, no longer your pocket. If the firearm sits for more then a month, it starts losing money. True, you will not ever get near what you think it is worth, and if it's not agreeable, walk away, sell it yourself. You will always get more when you sell directly to the end user. But if you sell, you have agreed to the price, which you can either take or leave. If all sides are happy and in agreement, it becomes a done deal. :twocents:
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline splitshot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
   listen to the guys on this site cuz they know what they are talking about!  honest, fair and knowledgable  and I don't know many of them.   very good advice.     mike w

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
I can only think of one lever action that's chambered in 300 win mag of the top of my head - the BLR.
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Remnar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
 I have a friend that has sold a few to cabelas ,he didnt want to mess with private sales . As stated above they take a pretty good cut off the top of blue book value at the get go . The only "benefits" I can see is its easy and you dont have to pay taxe on your trade in value . Personally i dont like cabelas for firearms purchases (too $$) most smaller shops can beat there prices . Also alot of shops will consign guns for a small % of sale price .

Offline T Pearce

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
I think BLR as well.
Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

Offline jackson7

• Scout
List it here. if no bites go to armslist. if no bites, I would consider gunbroker [quite a few there] or consign it somewhere.
good luck.

Offline MarkyMark

• Longhunter
  • Veteran Paramedic-Firefighter. Greenhorn Hunter
  • Groups: IAFF WSCFF
Don't give a BLR away to Cabela's   
Tomfoolery Approved

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
Cabelas would be the last place I'd sell any firearm to. One of my friends sold them a stainless Winchester 7mm mag with a redfield scope when he was hurting for money, they gave him $325. When it went on the used gun rack the price on it was $599. It seams they give a low grade on your gun according to bluebook and when they retail it they jump the grade up a notch or two and charge a higher price for it.

The Marysville store bounces the prices around, I've bought some really good guns there on the used gun rack at decent prices and then I see a bunch of over prices stuff as well. You just have to be aware of what it is and what they are worth.
I bought a 444 Marlin lever action there last summer in decent shape for only $329, that same gun brings over $650 on Gunbroker.

I bought a nice Coast to Coast 22lr semi-auto for $149, I sold that gun for $250.

There was a S&W 686 for sale on here for $800, I offered $750 for it and it didn't work out. I just bought the same gun at the Marysville Cabelas a month ago in pristine shape for $599.

There's deals there if you go there enough and know what things are worth, I just picked up a 410 shotgun there last week for only $99, I could of sold it Tuesday for $225.

Then they have some beat up pieces of **** that they want two to three hundred dollars more then they are worth. They are in so bad of shape I wouldn't even want them at any price.

When you dig your gun out get a honest price and list it on this site, if it doesn't sell on here then list it on GunBroker, You can ship it yourself to the buyers FFL guy. I've done that a bunch of times.

Good luck on selling it, You should do OK. If you have any questions about going about selling it don't be afraid to ask, you get all the help you'll need for the guy's on here.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
You need to understand who you're selling it to and what your role is.  If you sell it to one of us, you're selling at retail and can expect to get the retail value of it.  If you sell it to a store, dealer, etc, you're a wholesaler and can't expect to get close to retail price on it.  That dealer has carrying costs associated with it- taking space on the shelf, employees taking time to show it, answer questions about it, move it around, whatever.  For a business to sell things for double what they pay for them is normal.

You just need to decide what your priority is.  If it's to maximize what you get for it, sell it yourself.  If it's to get it gone fast, sell it to a store or dealer.

Offline mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
You need to understand who you're selling it to and what your role is.  If you sell it to one of us, you're selling at retail and can expect to get the retail value of it.  If you sell it to a store, dealer, etc, you're a wholesaler and can't expect to get close to retail price on it.  That dealer has carrying costs associated with it- taking space on the shelf, employees taking time to show it, answer questions about it, move it around, whatever.  For a business to sell things for double what they pay for them is normal.

You just need to decide what your priority is.  If it's to maximize what you get for it, sell it yourself.  If it's to get it gone fast, sell it to a store or dealer.
:yeah:
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Bow tech hunter

• Scout
Thanks everybody for the info ya I don't think I'll go with cabelas when I get ready I'll post it here and see what happens I haven't had time to go to storage unit cuz of relitor showing my house but once I have time I'll post it up thanks everybody

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal