collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stolen From my truck  (Read 10335 times)

Offline T Pearce

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: Stolen From my truck
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that you got ripped off. This kind of krap is becomming to common. Probably the type of guy you hear about where they catch him go to his house and its full of stolen stuff  with little intention to sell until things cool down. Keep checking with the police department to see if anyone gets caught. I would start replacing it. A person can't let thier guard down and needs to take pictures and videos of all thier belongings.
:yeah:
I myself would start replacing things.

Our burglaries in town stopped when the garbage man was caught.

Out here in the farm country.. always vigilant. Safes, alarm systems, barking dogs and Big Spotlights have worked for us. Not to mention one of the neighbors stopping to visit a suspected neighbor when roading a backhoe past.

Trail cameras hidden about the place would help you and it's not a big deal sorting pics and storing them on a thumb drive with pics of other valuables. Store these somewhere safe and make them hard to find.

I wish you luck getting your things back.
I did get my binos back when the garbage man left them in the neighbors car..... he swapped them for a better pair!
Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »
Sorry to hear that you got ripped off. This kind of krap is becomming to common. Probably the type of guy you hear about where they catch him go to his house and its full of stolen stuff  with little intention to sell until things cool down. Keep checking with the police department to see if anyone gets caught. I would start replacing it. A person can't let thier guard down and needs to take pictures and videos of all thier belongings.
:yeah:
I myself would start replacing things.

Our burglaries in town stopped when the garbage man was caught.

Out here in the farm country.. always vigilant. Safes, alarm systems, barking dogs and Big Spotlights have worked for us. Not to mention one of the neighbors stopping to visit a suspected neighbor when roading a backhoe past.

Trail cameras hidden about the place would help you and it's not a big deal sorting pics and storing them on a thumb drive with pics of other valuables. Store these somewhere safe and make them hard to find.

I wish you luck getting your things back.
I did get my binos back when the garbage man left them in the neighbors car..... he swapped them for a better pair!
he tried to frame you
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Stolen From my truck: UPDATE
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »
this is a late update. About 6 weeks ago I recieved a facebook message from my neighbor a few doors down. Whoever stole my tackleboxes apparently left one of them in another neighbors truck after stealing his radar detector. I stopped by shortly after and talked with this person and they did indeed leave my larger tackle box with the pull out drawers in it. The man was very nice and gave it back to me. He had it sitting right inside his front door. I am super happy about this because this particular box had my spare Abu Garcia Ambassador reel and 2 spare spools of 30LB Power Pro and my 2 fillet knives, AND almost all of my steelhead gear in it. :tup:
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline zike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
I lost most of my steelhead plugs one time. We were unloading my stuff out of my buddies boat. . A couple of days later I couldn't find the tackle box, it could have been left next to the street. So I replaced a lot of it and years later I was pulling an old fence out of the evergreen hedges. I saw something in the pine needles. I dug out the tackle box, someone stuck it there to pick it up later? and never came back for it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]