collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lighted Nocks  (Read 38523 times)

Offline tgomez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • "IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT!"
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery Club, Spokane Rifle Club, NRA
Re: Lighted Nocks
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2015, 11:57:39 PM »
Maybe if I shoot red tracer rounds out of my Remington 700 30-06, I can see where my bullet hit the deer? :dunno: :chuckle:
☠🫀 ULTIMATE PREDATOR 🫀☠

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:34 PM »
You would have a good idea at least...

Offline BABackcountryBwhntr

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA,CCA,RMEF,WSA,NFAA....
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »
What WDFW and everyone needs to understand that the harvest numbers in archery are higher simply because of the people hunting not the weapon.  Not saying there isn't excellent hunters in other user groups, but most roadhunters/ beginners/ weekend warriors are going to hunt modern while as a rule people who choose archery are committed, experienced, and successful hunters.  Switch all the archery hunters to modern and the modern hunters to archery and you would see modern harvest statistics go up a lot and archery harvest plumet. 

Again this isn't saying there isn't extremely hardcore modern hunters.  There is, and I know many of them.  You know how it is 90% of the elk are killed by 10% of the hunters who have put in the time for years and years.
Ive hunted deer with a modern firearm for 20 years, hunted for my first 14 with modern firearm and harvested 14 deer. Switched to archery for 5 years and harvested 5 deer. Back to modern last year and harvested another deer. That's 20 deer in 20 years, 100%. I feel if you can hunt than your weapon of choice has nothing to do with being successful. Some people are simply not good at hunting, so I personaly don't agree. If I had to hunt with a spear, Id find a way to fill my tag again. :chuckle:

I agree 100% with the first poster, you need to see the circus that is rifle season on the west side to understand. I agree that I too can fill a tag with any weapon every year, but that isnt the point..... archery guys have to work harder on average... locked gates etc.. just how it is.... I would argue though that the late buck hunt is about as easy as it gets.... lots of stupid deer still running around....

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 01:21:59 AM »
I personally think the lighted knocks should be legal so it would be easier to recover the arrow so some bowhunters can confirm whether they connected on an animal or not Im sure a lot of animals get wounded and die especially in Washington because of the think brush and wet weather which can affect the blood trails. So if you can recover the arrow you can also determine if it was a good shot in the heart or a gut shot so you can back out to allow the animal to expire. Just an opinion from a bowhunter

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »
I personally think the lighted knocks should be legal so it would be easier to recover the arrow so some bowhunters can confirm whether they connected on an animal or not Im sure a lot of animals get wounded and die especially in Washington because of the think brush and wet weather which can affect the blood trails. So if you can recover the arrow you can also determine if it was a good shot in the heart or a gut shot so you can back out to allow the animal to expire. Just an opinion from a bowhunter

They are legal.  Been a few years now.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU