collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone use the NECG Weaver peep sight?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Pete112288

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Anyone use the NECG Weaver peep sight?
« on: February 21, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »
I picked up one of the NECG Weaver mount peep sights for my step-son's T/C Thunderhawk muzzleloader as I could not find a peep made for it but I can find the bases. I am still waiting for the bases to come in to test it out. Was just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these sights? If so is there any tips or whatnot that could be helpful with them? Or something to keep an eye on? Whats your experience with it?
Thank ya much

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Anyone use the NECG Weaver peep sight?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
I have one they make for the Ruger M77 base which is the same thing with the different mount. I used it on a Ruger 77/44 I and liked it. Been awhile since I installed a scope though. For the brush and up to muzzleloader distances I always pulled out the aperture and just used the threaded hole with great success. A .44 mag at a 100yds that I can keep in 3" with that setup is good medicine :tup:

Offline Sabotloader

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
I picked up one of the NECG Weaver mount peep sights for my step-son's T/C Thunderhawk muzzleloader as I could not find a peep made for it but I can find the bases. I am still waiting for the bases to come in to test it out. Was just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these sights? If so is there any tips or whatnot that could be helpful with them? Or something to keep an eye on? Whats your experience with it?
Thank ya much

I use two of them on a couple of Knights.. along with a front fire sight and fire sight hood... makes it look like you migh be looking through a 1x scope.

Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:35:15 AM »
think i'll get one for my CZ550. thanks for posting.
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal