collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idiot In The Entiat!  (Read 217272 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Idiot In The Entiat!
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
This guy is never going to live this one down... And he shouldn't!

I would think that if you could get a log yarder to the top of that "hill" along with extra cable and 3-4 experienced loggers it could be out in half a day?

can't think that'd be any cheaper than a copter ride.  It takes a lot to move a yarder and get it set up and forget about it if it's on a job already.

I worked under a yarder for a while so I have a good idea what it takes to move it and get setup.

I'm not a logger and genuinely have no clue....but where would you anchor the sky line on the bottom end? And how far could you run this cable?

I wouldn't anchor the skyline, just pull the working line down and yank the truck up. Skyline is too big to yank down that far, you'd need to drag a 1/4 inch cable down then use that to drag the skyline down.  With 2-3 guys though I think you could yank the working line down no prob.

We always anchored to a big dozer blade,  the blade was pushed down in front of the biggest tree we could find and still it would drag the dozer forward and tip the tree over sometimes.  I think it was a D6 sized dozer,  pretty big but not the giant sized ones.

That would be a very long lift,  that size of mountain would take a full tower not a portable yarder,  but a portable yarder would yank that jeep up to the top at a high rate of speed - might only be part of a crumpled frame at the top though  :chuckle:

Offline GurrCentral

• Scout
  • Groups: GurrCentral
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
I see no humor in this, sorry.  Selfish joyrider tearing up crucial winter range while deer are at their lowest body condition of the year.  Granted, we had a short easy winter, but don't tell me that enters into the equation for a human pile of poo like this loser.  I hope he loses the jeep, gets fined for the ORV use, and has to pay damages/restitution to cover the cost of repairs.  For the "this coulda been me" guys, this is the kind of behavior that turns off the general public and builds support to shutting down further areas to motorized abuse.

I completely agree..... hope he is Jeepless and is prosecuted to the fullest in the end. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who has no regard for the laws/wildlife. "What if it was me"...???    Well, it wasn't me, and he should pay for his actions.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
looking at that picture,  it's just stupefying how he let himself get so far down.

I done some dumb moves, but never did I get that deep into a dumb move.  That's just stupid compounded by more stupid.

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2015, 06:28:15 PM »
One would have to believe if he made it that far down, he could make it the rest of the may.  It doesn't appear to be any steeper down there than it did above him. 

Put on a helmet, secure your seatbelt and hold on for dear life!!

:4w: :4w:

It doesn't look it, but believe me, it is steeper below where he finally stopped. There are a lot of rocks and drops that would be the final nail in that Jeeps coffin. Might be able to scout a route to the south but there is a lot of steep there too and he would still need to get a little ways up hill and he has been unsuccessful at that as of yet.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
Some of you guys sound like eco-Nazis   :o

The earth firsters and other tree huggers propaganda has paid off  :sry:

take a chill, he can go fix the ruts and plant some seed, pay his fine.. I'm sure he's learned his lesson. 

Tumbling that jeep down the mountain is going to spew gas, oil antifreeze, glass and parts all down the mountain and not all of it will get picked up.  It'll be a yardsale.

Offline MuleySniper

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
Hahaha I just read page one, first time looking at this thread..... What an idiot!!!
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »
Hahaha I just read page one, first time looking at this thread..... What an idiot!!!

keep reading, it gets better and there's more pics  :tup:

Offline GurrCentral

• Scout
  • Groups: GurrCentral
« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »

take a chill, he can go fix the ruts and plant some seed, pay his fine.. I'm sure he's learned his lesson. 

Tumbling that jeep down the mountain is going to spew gas, oil antifreeze, glass and parts all down the mountain and not all of it will get picked up.  It'll be a yardsale.

I'm no tree-hugger, in fact, not even close.....but this is the type of behavior that gives tree-huggers leverage. It also leads to areas being gated.  Not to mention it gives sportsman a bad rap....

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »

I'm no tree-hugger, in fact, not even close.....but this is the type of behavior that gives tree-huggers leverage. It also leads to areas being gated.  Not to mention it gives sportsman a bad rap....

Last time I hugged a tree it was just to measure it before I cut it down :chuckle:

I agree that it is stuff like this that gets our roads and trails closed regardless of the reason. The damage to the winter range is minimal, I'm not really worried about that. I don't want every chode with a rig out there doing the same thing, but people do make mistakes. Calling this guy a sportsman I think is stretching it though, my guess is a metrosexual frat boy that watched too many Jeep commercials, got himself a Jeep and figured he couldn't get stuck (remember it's a Jeep!).  It does give sportsmen a bad name though cause that is the first assumption.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »
13 in deer hunting  :chuckle:

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:15 PM »

Now that's funny! :chuckle:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #311 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »

Good Lord, let it go. It's in the mule deer capital of Washington. LOL
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #312 on: March 04, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »

Oh sorry  :'( must be hundreds of deer killed on this single steep narrow ridge out of all the entire Entiat every year  :chuckle:

I'm done until 15 pages  :tung:

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #313 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »

Oh sorry  :'( must be hundreds of deer killed on this single steep narrow ridge out of all the entire Entiat every year  :chuckle:

Actually, on a normal winter year, there are a ton of deer that get killed on the Hwy. directly below this ridge. Not tryin to stir the pot, just stating a fact.  :peep:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2015, 07:55:33 PM »

Deer hunting.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]