collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: western extreme..... washington rosie episode  (Read 21838 times)

Offline haugenna

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: western extreme..... washington rosie episode
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
Did anybody notice how bad his flinch was when he shot the muzzleloader off the bench. He then said after that, he didn't like that gun, it didn't group very well. I watched it in slow motion. I bet the muzzle dropped 2" before the cap went off.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 08:35:32 AM »
I didn't notice the flinch but I'm not surprised- they were using 150 grains of powder!  :o

Shane was on film quite a bit, but never said a word. Seems he'd be wanting to talk a little and try to promote his business.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »
Watched it last night, pretty easy hunt but hey that is where the elk were so that is where you have to kill them.  I can't believe she passed the slam dunk first bull hoping the bigger one would come in.

My wife noticed the flinch before me.  Had it on DVR so I went back and watched it in slow mo, it was really obvious then.  150 grains is a lot and I am sure it was kicking hard.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bigbeamhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 10:33:48 AM »
As i read this post I wonder how many people would have shot this bull. I would say 99.9 percent would have me included, But here is how I feel about it. I would not be as proud of that bull no matter how big it was its just meat. I would be more proud of a raghorn with an attitude that i called in, for me its about the memories.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:26 AM »
I would shoot it and be proud with no problem. You hunt elk where they are at. Almost everyone on here would hunt private property if possible. I really don't think it takes away from the animal
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »
It took me 10 years and I bet, $10,000 to get my 6x5.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Jharristealth

• Hunter
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »
The actual episode with the Barbour bull shot by the drag race pro aired tonight.  ( I think it was the first run) Pretty much a long bowtech commercial with a short segment at the end featuring the Rosie hunt. Impressive bull, but they did not show a lot on it.

Offline dreamunelk

• Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2015, 09:33:13 PM »
Apple Bull!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »
Elitest mentality by some on here, but yet dont harvest anything for years :chuckle:

I see nothing wrong with it..it is what is for that area. Hell we get elk in the fields around here and I would take one in a heartbeat if given the opportunity, which has never happened..hunting season rolls around they get smart

Offline highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »
Not much to show because there wasn't much to film. That farm is surrounded by all private land that no one is allowed to hunt. That farm has been protected by the elderly owner for as long as I can remember. $5000 offer for that bull changed that tune. So they walked across a field and climbed a tree stand. No need for apples on this farm. They feed in her hay fields like clock work.  One of the neighbors is a bow hunter and could have shot that bull 10 times over but didn't. Awesome bull I saw it at Peters taxidermy getting a full body mount. Scored 386 I believe. Not a true Rosie and I don't know why they kept pushing that. It's closer to the cascade mountain range than I5 but whatever.

Offline steeliedrew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 05:44:20 AM »
I see nothing wrong with hunting elk wherever it's legal. If they're in an area of small farms mixed with residential areas, so what?

You've got to hunt elk where they are, and somebody's got to hunt these elk that Shane Barbour is targeting. So what if it's not a physically demanding hunt? Meat's meat, right? I would hunt elk there if I had access to some of that private land.

I'm actually watching the show right now, and yes they are hunting with Shane Barbour. Well, actually Shane wasn't there during the hunt. After she killed the bull they said "we need to call Shane." Seemed kind of odd for a guided hunt.

Also I'm confused why at the beginning of the show they said they were "hunting on the Roosevelt side of I-5." They had to be on the east side of I-5, correct?

:yeah:  The anti's love to see hunters arguing amongst themselves and putting down ones way of hunting over another. I'm with bobcat. If it's legal, I can't hate.
Every thought of my being is in regards to being a high tech predator and I relish the role.

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:08 AM »
The anti's love to see hunters arguing amongst themselves and putting down ones way of hunting over another. I'm with bobcat. If it's legal, I can't hate

:yeah:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 06:44:37 AM »
Was this elk hunted near Webster Road ?
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »
I would guess 304th and meridian, but somewhere out there for sure.
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline YJ Guide Service

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • YJ Guide Service
    • YJ Guide Service
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 07:36:05 AM »
If you agree or disagree we need to all remember were all part of a group called hunters. The animal activists love it when we start to tear down people in our own group. If you get to hunt where its flat and easy then your one of the lucky ones, if not then your not as lucky I guess. Why does everyone seem to hate guys who have it easier or better hunting than someone else. It seems a lot of guys out there are jealous because some guys have great spot to hunt and others don't. Don't know many guys who wouldn't have shot those big bulls if they were coming into their own leased pastures, why wouldn't you. As long as the hunts are legal and on their leased or owned ground whats it really matter.  I have a 4000 acre lease and we have a ton of deer on it and take mule deer into the 170 class and 150 class whitetail.  The hunting is flat and over agricultural and in timber ground. We also run feeders and have food plots on it. I do this to help out my hunters. If we have kids hunting, elderly, or disabled hunters then I have places to make their hunts easier and more productive. Does that make the hunting unfair and easy. It does compared to guys that hunt Mule deer in the mountains I guess. I guess because a guy has the means and opportunity to hunt these elk in a "easy area" more power to them. Every hunter is different, some like a hard challenging hunt others like a easy hunt to each their own. Doesn't mean one way is right and the other is wrong. If I had elk like that coming on our farm I wouldn't hesitate to harvest one of them either. We are all hunters and need to stick to supporting each other not tearing each other down. Just my opinion and that's it..
YJ Guide Service owner/guide

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10