collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: multi/general season deer tag question  (Read 4619 times)

Offline romaknows

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
multi/general season deer tag question
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:43:43 PM »
I have always bought (but not always selected) my deer /elk/bear/cougar tags before putting in for my multi deer and elk tags, and was wondering if I am throwing away money by doing this instead of just waiting and trying to get drawn for my multi tags, thus potentialy saving the cost of the general deer/ elk tags .

Has anyone just applied for muti deer then just paid the 140.00 without purchasing a general deer tag first?
high country rules!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: multi/general season deer tag question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
Yes. You can do that.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline romaknows

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »
Yes. You can do that.

Its great to know I have been wasting money all these years , I wonder if I can get a refund as I have again already puchased my tags. :bash:
high country rules!

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »
Thing is, if you go that route, there is about a month (?) that you will be without a license and can't shoot coyotes. Mar 31-multiseason draw.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
Don't buy your multi tag until the special permit deer elk draw is over, if you draw your special permit do you  really need a multi tag?  I wait just to save money. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
Don't buy your multi tag until the special permit deer elk draw is over, if you draw your special permit do you  really need a multi tag?  I wait just to save money.

With a multiseason tag you can apply for multiple weapon choices. I do the same thing as you, but there is that other option too...some people like that route.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »

With a multiseason tag you can apply for multiple weapon choices. I do the same thing as you, but there is that other option too...some people like that route.
Yes, good info.  I forgot about that!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »
You can't save money by only buying the multi season tag for $140 because you still need to buy the deer license to go along with it. What you need to remember is that when you purchase a deer license, you get the tag for free.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »
You can't save money by only buying the multi season tag for $140 because you still need to buy the deer license to go along with it. What you need to remember is that when you purchase a deer license, you get the tag for free.

Tag comes with the multi season permit too.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »

No matter what you do, you need to buy a deer license.

Offline romaknows

• Scout
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »

so I have been doing it right?I think I was second guessing myself as I spend so much on this state already.
high country rules!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »

Yeah you're right. I confused myself.
 :sry:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »

so I have been doing it right?I think I was second guessing myself as I spend so much on this state already.
You have not paid more by selecting your (free) deer tag when purchasing a license, but you create extra work to exchange it later for a multiseason pemit and tag if you go that route.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline kodiak 907

• Sourdough
  • Groups: U.S. Navy/Combat Recon, NRA, DU
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »
 :yeah:
I tried to exchange my general tag for a multi season tag last year and they wouldn't let me do it because they closed the main office 3 hours early to start the long weekend. I told the lady at the main office reception that I was going archery hunting with my modern tag bc they wanted to shut it down early to go for umbrella drinks... I got my multi tag 20 minutes later. lol what a pain
Spider 2 Y banana

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »

:yeah:
I tried to exchange my general tag for a multi season tag last year and they wouldn't let me do it because they closed the main office 3 hours early to start the long weekend. I told the lady at the main office reception that I was going archery hunting with my modern tag bc they wanted to shut it down early to go for umbrella drinks... I got my multi tag 20 minutes later. lol what a pain

Same sort of thing happened to me. I called Olympia to complain and was allowed to buy mine late.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10