collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Okanagon Guides  (Read 25275 times)

Offline kkc66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • her kitty,kitty
    • KEN CRAM
Re: Okanagon Guides
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 04:17:51 AM »
 I drew an any buck tag last year and l have talk to OVGS before and I booked with him to do that hunt in the rut in late nov AND IT WAS WORTH THE MONEY .We hunted 3 1/2 days and l passed on deer every day I took a very nice white tail buck that went 5x5 150 b&c  and passed a big 5x5 mule deer probley 28" . The only reason l took the white tail because it was my first one and I have gotten big mullies before. The guide was the best ,it was not J. GIBBENS but an employee or buddy he has working for him.  I NEVER SAW ANY BAITING or an upset land owners We were on privet land every day .I would us OVGS any time and only can say good things
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:26:07 PM by kkc66 »
Grill it, fry it, smoke it or just eat it raw

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 06:48:58 AM »
5k for a deer?  Man, I got money but no way would I spend 5k for a deer in Wa.  Lace up them boots and start scouting now... 

Rtspring
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »
I drew an any buck tag last year and l have talk to OVGS before and I booked with him to do that hunt in the rut in late nov AND IT WAS WORTH THE MONEY .We hunted 3 1/2 days and l passed on deer every day I took a very nice white tail buck that went 6x6 158 b&c  and passed a big 5x5 mule deer probley 28" . The only reason l took the white tail because it was my first one and I have gotten big mullies before. The guide was the best ,it was not J. GIBBENS but an employee or buddy he has working for him.  I NEVER SAW ANY BAITING or an upset land owners We were on privet land every day .I would us OVGS any time and only can say good things

Any pics of that 158" 6x6 whitey?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
To some, 5K is nothing more than money spent on a coffee for a normal Joe.  To each is own.   

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »
in 2013 they had a guy from
Renton sitting on a pile of apples in private property that they said they had permission , wrong ! anyway I let the guy hunt since he didn't know better and spent the $$$$$$. my guess is he hunts way more private land than he has permission too .
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
To some, 5K is nothing more than money spent on a coffee for a normal Joe.  To each is own.   

Exactly what bone said, Its not your money, who cares how a guy spends his money. Its not like hes getting into your checking account and stealing 5 grand from you to pay for his hunts. Man this site cracks me up.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
Not sure if it is the same guide....but there is one up that way that got kicked off a bunch of private land he didn't have permission to hunt.  He even went as far as to build a wooden blind on private property.  He tried to lie to a bunch of the land owners saying that he had permission.....little did he know, they had already talked.   I can't remember the guide service, but believe he is also does a lot of fishing stuff. 

Don't much care about the money aspect...just another way for some to hunt.  Definitely don't like the trend of shady guides hunting land they don't have permission to hunt. 

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:31 PM »
$5K will buy u a great landowner tag in other states

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
Renton sitting on a pile of apples in private property that they said they had permission , wrong ! anyway I let the guy hunt since he didn't know better and spent the $$$$$$. my guess is he hunts way more private land than he has permission too .
have anything to support that? Freind of a friends sisters cousin?

Exactly what bone said, Its not your money, who cares how a guy spends his money. Its not like hes getting into your checking account and stealing 5 grand from you to pay for his hunts. Man this site cracks me up.

:yeah:
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:17 PM »

LMAO, we have a supporter here.  Might be a bag of worms you you might not want to open mtnman................

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 12:41:40 AM »
You can LYAO Mtnmuley. I don't support or not support this outfit. I have hunted geese several time with Jerrod, and had good experiences both times. If he is doing anything unprofessional, people do need to know. Let's get facts in that case. Not just" a freind said" or" I heard that..". Those you have actually hunted with this outfit has said good things. If there are negative comments, let those that have actually hunted with him make those comments. Only fair. Hunters here deserve that, don't you think?
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 06:21:14 AM »
Pic of the 6x6 white tail please

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 06:49:14 AM »

pm sent....
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »

If your going to believe anyone on this site, you might want to believe Coach'S words!
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »
You can LYAO Mtnmuley. I don't support or not support this outfit. I have hunted geese several time with Jerrod, and had good experiences both times. If he is doing anything unprofessional, people do need to know. Let's get facts in that case. Not just" a freind said" or" I heard that..". Those you have actually hunted with this outfit has said good things. If there are negative comments, let those that have actually hunted with him make those comments. Only fair. Hunters here deserve that, don't you think?

It's more than a freind of a friend's sister's cousin that Coachcw is referring to.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal