collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bill to revise wolf plan passes Washington House.  (Read 6680 times)

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Bill to revise wolf plan passes Washington House.
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:44:04 AM »
March 11, 2015
Bill to revise wolf plan passes Washington House
Jim Camden The Spokesman-Review

OLYMPIA – The state could revise a 4-year-old plan on wolves to account for their rapid growth in northeast Washington under a bill that received unanimous approval in the House on Tuesday.

Changes, which could include new rules for “lethal management” of wolves and new enforcement measures for poaching, would have to be completed by mid-2017.

The state could also expand a small study on the effect of wolves on deer, elk and moose to cover the whole state under another bill that also received unanimous House support.

“Regardless (of) how you feel about wolves, this is too much of a good thing,” Rep. Joel Kretz, R-Wauconda, said about the need to review the 2011 plan that sets up procedures to manage wolves that prey on livestock. “There are people who think there never should be a wolf killed; other people think we should kill every one.”

The bill is an attempt to find middle ground, particularly in Washington’s 7th District, which has as many as 12 of the state’s 16 packs, said Kretz, the sponsor of the bill.

The state also needs to understand what the recovering wolf population means to their main food sources, said Rep. Shelly Short, R-Addy. The University of Washington is studying the effect of wolves on deer, elk and moose on the Colville Confederated Tribes’ Reservation, and one of the bills approved Tuesday would expand that to encompass the entire state.

“We are going to live with wolves in Washington,” Short said. “We should have information to guide our future.”

The bills now go to the Senate, which last week passed a similar bill on revising the wolf management plan. Sponsors will have to work out the differences to get identical bills approved by both chambers.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/mar/11/bill-to-revise-wolf-plan-passes-washington-house/

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Bill to revise wolf plan passes Washington House.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »
Get those emails sent in supporting this, you know the huggers are bombarding them.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »
:tup:  :yeah:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline HunterStrait

• Scout
  • Make America Gay Again!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:43:13 PM »
Why in the hell would anyone on the west side on the state want to have wolves released in there back yards.

becasue they're cute and cuddly and don't attack people, that's why.

Online mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
Kretz is a scumball why dont we have a rep from the west side saying I think eastern wa needs more wolves.  Rather than addressing the issue Kretz is trying to spread the problem he may even be a defender of wildlife undercover because anyone with a sole would not wish wolves to be relocated and no way they will take wolves from eastern wa. probably add more from someone who doesnt want um BC or idaho
funny stuff..
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »
Kretz is a scumball why dont we have a rep from the west side saying I think eastern wa needs more wolves.  Rather than addressing the issue Kretz is trying to spread the problem he may even be a defender of wildlife undercover because anyone with a sole would not wish wolves to be relocated and no way they will take wolves from eastern wa. probably add more from someone who doesnt want um BC or idaho
what makes you so sure they aren't already there?
http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/reporting/sightings.html

There have been many sightings

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »
So let me get this staight I will be paying to have wolves released in western washington.

You already paid through your license fees to have them illegally brought into my backyard...... It's only fair.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »
Why Not? How about to Rankers Island :chuckle: :tup:
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »
This is the most asinine proposition in the history of mankind. The day fellow hunters and outdoorsman support a bill to relocate and support the wolf agenda is a sad.  The liberals have suceeded they have divided outdoorsman and teamed eastern wa and ragging liberals with a like agenda. I'm sick to my stomach.

My thought is, that the people who live in wolf country and are controlled by people who don't, is the reason why this bill was brought to bill. People know it will never happen. I think it's the only way we can stand up to the wolf lovers, who are at the spine of this. It's the Communist Northwest and their like thinking pukes, who control what the WDFW does. CNW sues the pants off of them and anybody else who stands in their way.  The WDFW is spineless against groups like that, even though they'll spend millions of dollars to lie to us in their findings about wolves.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »
Legal precedents and self defense are in our favor. Justification for this bill should haunt you. Two rights don't make a wrong. I really hope folks from eastern wa realize it's not my fault I would never wish the issues you have had on anyone. Please don't screw us western wa folks.

We both know they we know its not, " your " fault. It's the fault of the ignorance of the westside sheeple, who believe the media spin and the lies that is spewed by the WDFW. I've seen 6 wolves around here, with 15 being seen since last October and the wolf population has only grown by 30 %, nonsense.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 07:47:44 PM »
Legal precedents and self defense are in our favor. Justification for this bill should haunt you. Two rights don't make a wrong. I really hope folks from eastern wa realize it's not my fault I would never wish the issues you have had on anyone. Please don't screw us western wa folks.
you say that like you don't think they will get there on there own?  I remember back in the day when I thought wolves would stay in Yellowstone, then when I thought wolves would stay in Idaho and Montana. Well I was wrong. They are all over around here and spreding like the plague.  You talk like wolves are easy to kill and you have no problem doing so. So what are you so scared of?  Wolves will be and are on the west side.  Some of us have recognized the plague and is doing all it can to control it.  This is affecting us all right now

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »
Comparing the jungle to the desert is ridiculous. And seriously why are folks from eastern wa so scared of killing them. If you feel endangered you can kill them. I can't stand liberal agenda and the fact that you eastern wa folks want to push the liberal anti hunting agenda is disgusting. Get out there grow a sack and take care of your problem.

We want to kill the wolves are WE do not push the liberal agenda. I think your a troll after reading your BS comments. Have a nice wolf day.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »
Comparing the jungle to the desert is ridiculous. And seriously why are folks from eastern wa so scared of killing them. If you feel endangered you can kill them. I can't stand liberal agenda and the fact that you eastern wa folks want to push the liberal anti hunting agenda is disgusting. Get out there grow a sack and take care of your problem.

Easy to talk big when its not your ass on the line

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 08:16:45 PM »
I hope they dump a bunch of them on all along the west side so everyone can share in the joy of wolves
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:04 PM »
This is the most asinine proposition in the history of mankind. The day fellow hunters and outdoorsman support a bill to relocate and support the wolf agenda is a sad.  The liberals have suceeded they have divided outdoorsman and teamed eastern wa and ragging liberals with a like agenda. I'm sick to my stomach.

If you feel this issue is dividing outdoorsmen then show some solidarity with your fellows in ne wa and support this so that "we" can all begin to handle "our" problem legally.  After all, were all in this together, right mr solidarity?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 08:20:18 PM »
if you think all of eastern wa is desert you've never been in the NE corner. It is thick and steep!  You can insult us all you want, it won't change anything. One day your eyes will open. 

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
Then grow a pair and shoot the subaru's
Shane Falco

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 08:27:03 PM »
lol your words against you....
Shane Falco

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »
jasnt I appologize for the generalized statement but really it's  jungle over here not a forest
i understand it's a jungle over there. I've seen it. There are many places here that are jungles too. Then look a where we have confirmed wolves. Even Pullman has wolves. Never thought I'd see wolves in Pullman area never even thought wolves could survive there but ....... Make no mistake about it Wolves will cover this entire state with no help from us.  What we want is delisting and management, we do not want to further spread wolves. The ridiculous wolf plan is forcing it,  desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
I'm not so sure wolves will cover the whole state, at least not anytime soon. I sure don't think it's impossible, but the question is why haven't they yet, since they've been in the northern Cascades since at least 1990. If they were going to do it, why would they wait until now?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »
I'm not so sure wolves will cover the whole state, at least not anytime soon. I sure don't think it's impossible, but the question is why haven't they yet, since they've been in the northern Cascades since at least 1990. If they were going to do it, why would they wait until now?
i didn't say it would be anytime soon.  I've asked those same questions before. We've had wolves right across the Canadian border for the since wolves were killed out long ago. Why did they wait so long :dunno: I would love those questions answered!  I be leave tho that like Idaho wolves they will cover at least most of the state. I'm sure the big city's that love these wolves won't ever have to deal with them

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19:01 PM »
The bills now go to the Senate, which last week passed a similar bill on revising the wolf management plan. Sponsors will have to work out the differences to get identical bills approved by both chambers.

Hopefully this bill passes and the wolf plan will be rewritten to allow management in the areas with wolves. Then we won't have to move any. The west sides can quit crying they don't want wolves brought over and east siders can go legally kill wolves.  Highly dout full we will get any releaf from wolves but at least there will be something to hunt

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
Be leave me it's not as easy as it sounds. They are smart and crafty. Very good at staying hidden when you don't want them too. 

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
Again please don't ruin my elk hunting if I have 5 good years I understand that you got screwed and I feel for ya. IN fact it really pisess me out you got that you the short end of the stick but honestly how can you sleep at night spreading a disease like wolves. Only obama loveing pieces of crap get off on that.

I think the bill to move wolves is more a political ploy to give the other wolf bills more serious consideration, and it's working out that way!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal