collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Upgraded Kodiak Canvas  (Read 60557 times)

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
Re: Upgraded Kodiak Canvas
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »
Top center in red circle
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline SkookumHntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
Thats really nice! Thanks for sharing that!
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »
Tell me more about the tent stakes and the adjustable pole for the awning. I have this same tent.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »
92, I'm not sure what the adjustable brush pole is made from, but I found that an extendable painters pole works well too. Lightweight and will fit in the pole bag too.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 06:50:23 AM »
Tell me more about the tent stakes and the adjustable pole for the awning. I have this same tent.

The pole is just an extendable pole that a car wash brush head would screw on to or a painter pole like bracer mentioned, nothing fancy just something to hold the awning up to clear head space and to keep rain from pooling.

The stakes are awesome. I knew I needed heavy duty ones when I camped in a snopark parking area that was very large gravel. Driving the factory ones in worked about 50% of the time and bent them pretty good. The stakes I bought can be driven into anything including asphalt. Take a look at their website, they make some great quality stuff. They also supply our military with their stake needs around the world.

Offline calib

• Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
92xj
Liked the details of your experiences. Glad i found this thread, i have been wondering for a while if the flew bow would take a stove. I am planning to buy a 10x14 in the next month or two and will have to look in to getting this done to it. How much room does all your camping set up take in a truck bed

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »
92xj
Liked the details of your experiences. Glad i found this thread, i have been wondering for a while if the flew bow would take a stove. I am planning to buy a 10x14 in the next month or two and will have to look in to getting this done to it. How much room does all your camping set up take in a truck bed

Space in the bed of the truck, I have no idea.  When we go camping 4 dogs get the bed of the truck, with the smallest being 65ish pounds.  I will put a small stack of firewood back there with them.
I put all the camping gear inside the cab.  I drive a crewcab Titan and fold the rear seat up.  The tent folds into a 20"x20"x10ish bag and the poles are 4 feet long by 6"  with them in their bag.  The wood stove fits back there along with the coleman 3 burner cooking stove, our two camp chairs, air mattress or cot and bed roll depending on who is going.  Clothes bags, boots, and everything else we take.  When I am going on a hunting trip without the pups and family, camping stuff still goes in the cab and the bed gets the coolers, stands, bow target, etc.  If I packed all my stuff in the bed of the truck, which is only 5'8" I believe, I would say it would take up 50% of the width, and only go up to the bed rail. 
Next Friday the truck will be packed with all our stuff for a 3 day adventure, I will take some pics of it packed and post them, so you can get a better visual of the space.  For what I have and take I am very pleased with the space it takes up.  I tried to take as much as possible to make it as nice and pleasant a camping trip I can for the family.  I don't want them to have a crapola experience ever so I make sure that doesn't happen with all the junk I take.

Offline calib

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:59 PM »
Perfect. I run a crew f150 plenty of room. Cant wait to get this tent and get out.  How did your trip go?

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
It was good and I went again and totally forgot to take packed truck pictures. With a crew cab and no one in the backseat ( if your need is full of other stuff) your banking great will fit. If your bed is open you're really golden. The tent and everything included takes up the space of a pillow that doesn't compress and the pole bag is a four for cylinder shape about the size of a tripod folded up. Very small for what you get.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
Now that I have it installed and got experience with it, I wouldn't of needed to install one.  I fired up the stove as hot as I could get it for an hour and kept feeling the hearth, heat shield and the door.  The hearth underneath got a little warm but never even close to hot, the door and its wall was room temperature and the heat shield never got hot,  Could touch it and hold my hand as long as I please.  Do I think it's needed, not at all. But, I will keep it on there because in my uneducated heat transfer head I feel that in the morning after a 9 hour burn with the Idaho logs, the little heat they are producing the heat shield is throwing back my way over the stove.  Whether that happens or not, I don't know, but I felt like it helped in the mornings.

So I have decided on a three dog for my canvas wall tent.
I am interested in the Hearth.  Now that you have used the stove. Could you just get by with the pan alone?
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
What is  Bish's tender quick?

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 04:00:25 PM »
What is  Bish's tender quick?

Bish tear mender. Fabric, canvas glue. Freaking amazing stuff.

If I wrote bishs tender quick my brain was not connected to my fingers when I was typing.

Offline tjthebest

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
Tagging this thread.

I was looking for people that actually put stoves in these tents and never found anything. This is perfect reassurance for me.
Camp Wapiti Death!

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2015, 04:19:34 PM »
Started a new thread. Just ordered a wood stove.

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »
Snowtrekker company's makes a hearth that fits inside an oil drip pan. That's what I used and you can see in the pictures. No dirt to deal with and no smell to it. Its just a piece of fabric and rolls up like a poster.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:21:38 PM by 92xj »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal