collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Mess Current Idaho F&G Commissioners Inherited is NOT Wildlife Conservation  (Read 10504 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Keep it up!!! :tup:

And to those who say this won't change anything,  :bash:

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Tom Remington and George Dovel wouldn't know wildlife conservation if it walked up and spit in their face.  I started to read some of the article and then realized it was just some re-tread garbage dug up from stale old meaningless arguments about what letter a former director signed back in the early 90's.  I don't understand why these fiction writers can't come up with new stuff...when you are not bound by facts and accurate reporting it should be easy to produce new material.  :dunno:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
Keep it up!!! :tup:

And to those who say this won't change anything,  :bash:
:yeah:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Tom Remington and George Dovel wouldn't know wildlife conservation if it walked up and spit in their face.  I started to read some of the article and then realized it was just some re-tread garbage dug up from stale old meaningless arguments about what letter a former director signed back in the early 90's.  I don't understand why these fiction writers can't come up with new stuff...when you are not bound by facts and accurate reporting it should be easy to produce new material.  :dunno:

Would you know wildlife conservation if Tom Remington spit in your face?
I'm guessing Tom Remington has forgotten more about wildlife conservation in his older age than you know in your youthful new age ignorance...

There's more than just a letter but you don't care to read more or accept the re-introduction of wolves as being done with skewed facts and lies 

Why would you believe the "facts and numbers" of agencies that have been proven to manipulate, outright lie and steal to do whatever they want  :dunno:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:39:52 PM by mfswallace »

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman

I'm guessing Tom Remington has forgotten more about wildlife conservation in his older age than you know in your youthful new age ignorance...

There's more than just a letter but you don't care to read more or accept the re-introduction of wolves as being done with skewed facts and lies 

Why would you believe the "facts and numbers" of agencies that have been proven to manipulate, outright lie and steal to do whatever they want  :dunno:

I'm just pointing out the obvious...it does no good to get worked up over what any state agency role was with respect to wolf re-introduction.  The federal government had authority under ESA to re-introduce wolves.  The President of the United States showed up to help release the darn wolves.  I think its ridiculous some folks believe a low level bureaucrat like an IDFG director could possibly have stopped wolf reintroduction in Idaho.  There is no believing in "facts and numbers" when talking wolves.   Like it or not the federal government had the authority to re-introduce wolves to recover an endangered species...they did not need IDFG permission, they did not need to prove there would be no negative impacts to hunters, other wildlife, rural communities...whatever the concern. I understand people don't like that and many of those criticisms are often repeated as reasons for modifying ESA law; but its important to acknowledge reality when understanding where ones effort should be placed in fighting to ensure wildlife is managed in a way that protects the hunting heritage...which I would hope is a mutual concern of folks on this forum.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
How can 65,000 wolves in north America be endangered??

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
Being endangered and being listed under the Endangered Species Act are sometimes different things.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Being endangered and being listed under the Endangered Species Act are sometimes different things.

How convenient 4 your conscience :chuckle: 

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt

I'm just pointing out the obvious...it does no good to get worked up over what any state agency role was with respect to wolf re-introduction. The federal government had authority under ESA to re-introduce wolves.  The President of the United States showed up to help release the darn wolves.  I think its ridiculous some folks believe a low level bureaucrat like an IDFG director could possibly have stopped wolf reintroduction in Idaho.  There is no believing in "facts and numbers" when talking wolves.   Like it or not the federal government had the authority to re-introduce wolves to recover an endangered species...they did not need IDFG permission, they did not need to prove there would be no negative impacts to hunters, other wildlife, rural communities...whatever the concern. I understand people don't like that and many of those criticisms are often repeated as reasons for modifying ESA law; but its important to acknowledge reality when understanding where ones effort should be placed in fighting to ensure wildlife is managed in a way that protects the hunting heritage...which I would hope is a mutual concern of folks on this forum.

"I'm just pointing out the obvious...it does no good to get worked up over what any state agency role was with respect to wolf re-introduction."

In other wards, don't get worked up over the fraud and corruption of IDFG etc., it's ok if the state game agencies pull crooked deals because the feds would have forced their agenda anyway.  :roll eyes:

It's just some of that wolf history that the pro-wolf people don't want remembered, nor do they want to recognize much of the same fraud that is happening in WA and OR with wolf introduction.

When the news breaks that WDFW released wolves in WA, will their excuse be the same? The USFWS was going to release wolves in WA anyway so we beat them to the punch? Or the wolves were going to migrate anyway, we just wanted recovery to move along a little sooner. Can't wait to hear why they lied to the people of WA.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Nobody lied!  :bash:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:41:45 AM by bobcat »

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman

I'm just pointing out the obvious...it does no good to get worked up over what any state agency role was with respect to wolf re-introduction. The federal government had authority under ESA to re-introduce wolves.  The President of the United States showed up to help release the darn wolves.  I think its ridiculous some folks believe a low level bureaucrat like an IDFG director could possibly have stopped wolf reintroduction in Idaho.  There is no believing in "facts and numbers" when talking wolves.   Like it or not the federal government had the authority to re-introduce wolves to recover an endangered species...they did not need IDFG permission, they did not need to prove there would be no negative impacts to hunters, other wildlife, rural communities...whatever the concern. I understand people don't like that and many of those criticisms are often repeated as reasons for modifying ESA law; but its important to acknowledge reality when understanding where ones effort should be placed in fighting to ensure wildlife is managed in a way that protects the hunting heritage...which I would hope is a mutual concern of folks on this forum.

"I'm just pointing out the obvious...it does no good to get worked up over what any state agency role was with respect to wolf re-introduction."

In other wards, don't get worked up over the fraud and corruption of IDFG etc., it's ok if the state game agencies pull crooked deals because the feds would have forced their agenda anyway.  :roll eyes:

It's just some of that wolf history that the pro-wolf people don't want remembered, nor do they want to recognize much of the same fraud that is happening in WA and OR with wolf introduction.

When the news breaks that WDFW released wolves in WA, will their excuse be the same? The USFWS was going to release wolves in WA anyway so we beat them to the punch? Or the wolves were going to migrate anyway, we just wanted recovery to move along a little sooner. Can't wait to hear why they lied to the people of WA.
The level of ignorance one must posses in order to make such a big deal out of a single letter signed in the early 90's by a state director...talk about grasping at straws. 

I guess that's what you are forced to do when you make repeated claims about WDFW releasing wolves but you can never provide anyone with any evidence of these secret wolf transplants. Sad.     

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt

The level of ignorance one must posses in order to make such a big deal out of a single letter signed in the early 90's by a state director...talk about grasping at straws. 

I guess that's what you are forced to do when you make repeated claims about WDFW releasing wolves but you can never provide anyone with any evidence of these secret wolf transplants. Sad.   

Sounds like you haven't been around the wolf issue too long I-h. Below is some info. you should probably read if you plan on staying with the wolf topic. You will see simularities with WDFW and their wolf introduction into WA.

What They Didn’t Tell You About Wolf Recovery

On January 14, 2008 Idaho F&G Director Cal Groen authored a News Release titled, “Wolves Are Here to Stay.” He emphasized that wolves will be managed like deer and elk but with the following differences:

Allow Wilderness Packs to Increase

No F&G Plan to Reduce Wolf Population

Wolf Plan Ignores Idaho Wildlife Policy

Predicted Wolf Impact Based on False IDFG Data

“Nothing Wrong With Lying to the Public”

Oversight Committee Bias

F&G Illegally Agreed To Canadian Transplants

Idaho AG, Congress Ignore False EIS Info

Bangs Ignored ESA Subspecies Criteria

Existence of Many Wolves Ignored

Wolf Numbers Underestimated

“Wolf Advocates Give Low Estimates”

Low Estimates Hide Extent of Impact

F&G Ignores Legislative Wolf Plan

Excuses For Not Controlling Wolves

http://www.idahoforwildlife.com/Website%20articles/George%20Dovel/The_Outdoorsman%2026%20January%202008%20full%20report.pdf

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Idahohuntr is a new age biologist trained recently, enough said for the education/indoctrination system  :bash:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:21:44 AM by mfswallace »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand