collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Muzzy hunters getting more units to hunt !  (Read 10396 times)

Offline Fastass350

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
Re: Muzzy hunters getting more units to hunt !
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 06:44:49 AM »
I only glanced at the regs online last night just before bed and what I saw was lots of new opportunities for the early season but less for the late season. West side. I'm not excited about losing the Coweeman late season, since I'm just starting to figure it out  :bash:

Offline jbeaumont21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:11 AM »
I'm torn between staying in the Ryderwood unit because I know it so well versus hunting one of the new places that will be open to muzzy for the first time.  Don't you all think the Lewis River and Margaret will just get flooded with Muzzy Hunters?

I'm excited to have more places to hunt early season but not happy that I can't hunt the Coweeman late season either. Pretty much no late season for me anymore, which means 1 less week of elk hunting.

Another idea would be to hunt the Coweeman early season since I know it so well also, but then there's the whole question about whether gates will be open or closed and do we have to bike in and spike camp on DNR land etc.

Yes I am complaining about having too many choices.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:47:11 AM by jbeaumont21 »

Offline sneakyjake

• Scout
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »
I think Lewis is going to get hit hard.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »
I'm thinking this might be the year to hunt rifle sesson. Probably will be zero people in the woods.  :IBCOOL:

Online Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
Seems a great advantage to those who can only get so much time off to go hunt, to be able to go after deer and elk running at the same time. And it might spread hunters out over different seasons and lead to fewer pumpkins in the field while you hunt.

Offline Fullabull

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
I think the ML season is going to be a boom this year! Watch the success percentages are going to go up quite a bit because of all the new areas opening up. If I didn't love archery hunting so much I would be ML hunting for sure!!!

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 04:39:05 PM »

I think the ML season is going to be a boom this year! Watch the success percentages are going to go up quite a bit because of all the new areas opening up. If I didn't love archery hunting so much I would be ML hunting for sure!!!

Well, I sure hope so since I somewhat reluctantly decided to hunt the muzzleloader season, mostly because I didn't have anyone to hunt with for archery.

I'm not so sure it will be as wonderful as you think. Archery hunters have the best dates, and they get first crack at the bulls, while muzzleloaders are stuck with the leftovers.

Offline Beargravy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
I think the new units for muzzy elk is a bad deal for sw elk.Goat rocks,Mt Adams,IndianHeaven,basically all the high country will get hammered when the bulls are still with the cows.The elk populations are already in bad shape in the Siouxon and Lewis ! :bdid:

Offline Fullabull

• Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 09:55:37 PM »
Bobcat,
Trust me, Oct 3rd will be a great date for ml hunters. Will be plenty of rut still going on and with the new units open for ml it should be real good in those units with lots of elk in them.

Offline bigbeamhunter

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
I'm with Beargravy it will decimate the SW. Washington herds. Next year everyone will be saying where are all the elk I wouldn't be suprised if the harvest is double from last year. It's the beginning of the end for quality elk hunting those units. It's good for you guys that you get that season but it won't be in the long run. Somebody must have quality knee pads

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »

Well, I sure hope so since I somewhat reluctantly decided to hunt the muzzleloader season, mostly because I didn't have anyone to hunt with for archery.

I'm not so sure it will be as wonderful as you think. Archery hunters have the best dates, and they get first crack at the bulls, while muzzleloaders are stuck with the leftovers.

I am with you, a lot of archery hunters bagging on what a slaughter ML will become.  I am thinking it's a lot of talk to get some AR guys to switch to ML.   Muzzy is going to be a zoo with all the new muzzy hunters thinking it going to be an easy elk.  If I shoot PRB through my ML a lot of AR guys are shooting as far as I am willing (60yds).  If I am not traveling during the season I might just pick and AR tag this season.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal