collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quality hunts???  (Read 1950 times)

Offline LOVEMYLABXS

• Retired
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Quality hunts???
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:29 AM »
Let me start this with the fact that I'm mostly talking about muzzy hunts for elk but that maybe it applies to deer also ( just haven't looked into it).

Last year I put in for a quaility bull elk tag and got drawn. I blew my chance but knowing only 12 others were in the area made this a quaility hunt to me. Now this year that area is open to the regular muzzy season and it's still considered a "QUAILTY HUNT) so they can charge ya 18 bucks instead of 7??  For some reason it just seems to me if it's not just permit hunters then it should just be called a any BULL PERMIT? This area this year being open like it is only gives you 2 days at the end of the season, 2 days before season and giving everyone else gets to hunt makes a little more sence then 2 days after all others have set the game on edge. I have got to say that for me and my old buds made this the GREATEST hunt we've had in 30+ years of hunting together even though we didn't score

All I'm saying is if they want to charge extra for what they call a "QUALITY HUNT"  make it a hunt that really is QUALITY .
Scratch a dog once and you'll have a job for life and life is good.....  Mike

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Quality hunts???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »
I know the Little Naches unit will be less of a quality hunt during muzzleloader season, due to the additional youth and over 65 permits valid in that unit this year. I think between the youth and over 65 hunts there are 125 permits during that October 3-9 season. These permits aren't only for the Little Naches unit, this new permit is called "North Yakima" and includes a few other units besides 346, but I'd guess a high percentage of the people who draw will likely choose to hunt Little Naches.

I had considered applying for the quality muzzleloader Peaches Ridge permit but with all the extra people who will likely be in Little Naches, I don't think I'll waste my points. Not saying it couldn't still be a great hunt, but if I'm going to burn my points I'd rather hunt a unit with less competition from other hunters.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:44:36 AM by bobcat »

Offline LOVEMYLABXS

• Retired
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »
Bobcat you have just hit on the way I feel :tup: I won't have the points this year but I'll stil put in.
Scratch a dog once and you'll have a job for life and life is good.....  Mike

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »
You can still have a quality hunt if you go where 99% of the people will never go. I still think muzzy hunters got screwed.  It is going to be a lot busier with more units open and more amateurs switching over from modern to muzzy.

If I draw the tag I am after, I will go where I have never seen any trace of anyone else being in there. 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal