collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Darrington area for Muleys  (Read 3121 times)

Offline PacificNWhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Darrington area for Muleys
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »
Hey guys-

Well I was supposed to be headed out this weekend to do a high buck hunt but of course "things" came up and ruined my trip. I am new to mule deer hunting and was thinking about hunting up near Darrington this year. I have a couple of friends who used to hunt up that way and gave me some tips on where to go. I was just wondering how the hunting pressure is and if there are good bucks up there. I have gone up once this year to scout and saw some good bucks and a couple does. If you have any general info on the area that would be great! Thanks, Jordan

Offline Wea300mag

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Darrington area for Muleys
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:37 PM »
Jordan,

Darrington is mainly a blacktail area, very brushy unless you are hunting a recently logged area. If you get back in to the high country to the east you could find some muleys. Most people who are looking for muleys go to the eastside of the state, Okanogan & Chelan counties, the Kettle Crest, and the snake river area. There are many other counties in E WA that hold muleys but they are mostly private land. This months Fishing and Hunting News has a lot of "Generic Info" (typical for F & H News) on the east side. Hope this helps a little.

Dan
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the skyline

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Darrington area for Muleys
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
the current edition of wa.-or. game and fish has some high hunt info for areas off of the mountain loop highway out of darrington, but you'd be hunting blacktails...get up to the crest and you'd be getting into some cross bucks.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw