collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Had to pick the most popular opinions, pick your options from most important to least.

Drop the choices in quality deer, elk to 1 choice. OIL tags as well.
3 year waiting period for succesful quality deer, elk with allowing ghost points
5 year waiting period for succesful quality deer, elk  with allowing ghost points
No wait period after drawing permit
limit non-residents to 10% of any special permits.
Pay for OIL tags in order to be in the drawing, still able to get points if not in drawing
50% of quality deer, elk and OIL go to max point holders, then everyone in the draw after that
25% of quality deer, elk and OIL tags go to max point holders, then all available
One tag per species, once you draw for elk your done, from quality to bull to cow. Same with other species, no more waisted tags.
Earlier permit deadlines and results
NO changes to system
Choosing between applying for quality deer, elk OR OIL tags. Not both in same year
If drawn for more than 1 special permit, be allowed to purchase an additional tag being able to fill each successful permit.

Author Topic: Poll for changes to draw system, only 3 votes not 12.  (Read 26769 times)

Offline stevemiller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Poll for changes to draw system, only 3 votes not 12.
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »
I like the wait idea after drawing
This would work and I dont think many would have a problem with it if they were able to still build points during the wait time,If not I think once drawn most would stop buying.  :twocents:
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
First item on poll should have been one choice for all, not just quality elk or deer.  I'm assuming many like myself voted for it thinking it was for all, as I just focused on limiting to one choice.
the option was meant for only having 1 choice for quality deer, elk, sheep, goat and moose.  I didn't think people would care too much about the others.

Respectively disagree.  I think people do care, that's why the high vote total.  If you look at the other thread, you will see that the focus of the discussions of one choice and the examples was across the board and not limited to quality.  My example of Blue Mtn. West is a Buck deer draw.  Antlerless permittees putting in for buck and quality was also discussed.
Ok, when I get time this weekend I will take the results and write them down in order of popularity to give to the wdfw when I'm there.  I will adjust that topic to include all special permits be ONE choice.  Wouldn't it be cool if we saw even a couple changes in the future??
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
I like the wait idea after drawing
This would work and I dont think many would have a problem with it if they were able to still build points during the wait time,If not I think once drawn most would stop buying.  :twocents:
I would think most would want the opportunity to buy your points if there was a waiting period, for sure.  That point will be in the letter I deliver.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Poll for changes to draw system, only 3 votes not 12.
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
I absolutely hate the idea of being able to apply for a point when you're not eligible to apply for an actual hunt. Like if there was a waiting period, or if we were only able to apply in one category per species. That should include applying for a point.

The very best way to improve odds would be to go back to only one deer category and one elk category. You have your deer points and you have your elk points. You choose to apply for an antlerless deer tag and you draw? Lose your deer points.

Want to apply for a "quality" deer hunt the following year? You're in with only 1 point. That was your choice. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to draw for those who just want a meat hunt. And it also takes some pressure off the so called quality permits.

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
First item on poll should have been one choice for all, not just quality elk or deer.  I'm assuming many like myself voted for it thinking it was for all, as I just focused on limiting to one choice.
the option was meant for only having 1 choice for quality deer, elk, sheep, goat and moose.  I didn't think people would care too much about the others.

Respectively disagree.  I think people do care, that's why the high vote total.  If you look at the other thread, you will see that the focus of the discussions of one choice and the examples was across the board and not limited to quality.  My example of Blue Mtn. West is a Buck deer draw.  Antlerless permittees putting in for buck and quality was also discussed.
Ok, when I get time this weekend I will take the results and write them down in order of popularity to give to the wdfw when I'm there.  I will adjust that topic to include all special permits be ONE choice.  Wouldn't it be cool if we saw even a couple changes in the future??

Thanks. :tup:
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
Thanks but no offense only a couple on here make any sense at all.I would like someone any one member to post a good way for the deadline and results to happen.I posted it long ago on here and nothing.I strongly feel that it is as I have stated There really is no better way or time.Also why is it so hard for anyone to show that they really do have 16-20 points in any category other than oil?Again I strongly feel its because as I have stated it is not true.  :twocents:

Offline LabChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »
I absolutely hate the idea of being able to apply for a point when you're not eligible to apply for an actual hunt. Like if there was a waiting period, or if we were only able to apply in one category per species. That should include applying for a point.

The very best way to improve odds would be to go back to only one deer category and one elk category. You have your deer points and you have your elk points. You choose to apply for an antlerless deer tag and you draw? Lose your deer points.

Want to apply for a "quality" deer hunt the following year? You're in with only 1 point. That was your choice. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to draw for those who just want a meat hunt. And it also takes some pressure off the so called quality permits.

Love it, add the earlier draw, and maybe a % of the tags going to highest point holders and I'm sold

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »

Ok,this is perfect,People say they have 20 points 16 points whatever,that means they have been waiting 16 to 20 years for some of these apps.say these people put in for quality deer every year and most others do also you could be waiting 16 to 20 to draw this tag then try to draw another is also 16 20 years and then, you could make all apps oil and it would turn out close to the same thing so I say no no no to all of these changes  :twocents: the only one that would make any sense at all to me anyways would be a wait after a successful draw in that category only.Be able to still build points while you wait.Fair who said life was fair?If you want better odds at a draw lower your expectations as to where you want drawn.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:53:22 PM by stevemiller »

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Poll for changes to draw system, only 3 votes not 12
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »
I'd also be fine with leaving it as is other than waiting periods for those who draw quality deer or elk hunts. But NO to the building points during the waiting period. That's insanely stupid and defeats the entire purpose of having a waiting period.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
I also agree with Steve in that if you haven't drawn a deer or elk permit in 20 years you need to start applying for some of the less popular hunts.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
but if you draw in this instance  :yeah: what would your chances of ever drawing again if you have to wait 5 years to start building points again?It would almost be like an O I L tag, would it not?

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Then just have a 1 or 2 year waiting period.  :dunno:

By the way, I've drawn quality deer permits in 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012. So from my perspective, the odds really aren't that bad. You just need to apply for permits that aren't the most popular.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:03:10 PM by bobcat »

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »
 :tup: I think you can appreciate the complexity of this poll bobcat.There are a lot of knee jerk votes in this lot that dont really make any sense to me.This one that we are discussing does make sense.  :tup: The earlier deadline and results one well I dont get it lol.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »

By the way, I've drawn quality deer permits in 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012. So from my perspective, the odds really aren't that bad. You just need to apply for permits that aren't the most popular.
All while you are still applying and building points though right?

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »

All while you are still applying and building points though right?

Yes, of course.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal