collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes  (Read 17891 times)

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
« on: June 11, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
Thought everyone waiting for the draw results to come out for something different.  Who grew up on old school wrestling.  Don't get me wrong I know it is fake but really enjoyed the days of Nick Bonkwinkle, Jumping Jim Bronzel, Dusty Rhodes.  Before all the drama and soap opera stuff.  Dusty Rhodes passed away today.

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away today at the age of 69.

Photos: Dusty's career-defining moments

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/dusty-rhodes-passes-away
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline poopooheaddad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:14:50 PM »
Jimmy "SUPERFLY" Snuka,,,,  wasn't his partner for a while playboy buddy rose
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »
Jimmy "SUPERFLY" Snuka,,,,  wasn't his partner for a while playboy buddy rose
He wasn't of Dusty's.  Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was a blast to watch.  Snuka has a daughter and I believe nephews in the WWE wrestling right now.
Russell McDonald

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »
I don't know how "dedicated" of a father he was when he denounced Dustin, calling him a fag because he chose to continue with the Goldust character and didn't chose to "shove that make-up up Vince's ass".

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
OK,  Andre the Giant.......showing my age here
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »
Man, we'd gather around the TV every Sunday morning for All Star Wrestling. Jake the Milkman Milliman, Nick Bockwinkle... those were the days!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
Man, we'd gather around the TV every Sunday morning for All Star Wrestling. Jake the Milkman Milliman, Nick Bockwinkle... those were the days!
Colonel DeBeers.  Enough said.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
I would be sitting with my grandpa watching it.  Junk Yard Dog, Mad Dog Vachon, Ray "The Crippler" Stevens, Vern Gagne, The Iron Shiek
I don't know how "dedicated" of a father he was when he denounced Dustin, calling him a fag because he chose to continue with the Goldust character and didn't chose to "shove that make-up up Vince's ass".
Now his other son Cody is doing the thing like his brother Dustin.
Russell McDonald

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »
The Crusher!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
I would be sitting with my grandpa watching it.  Junk Yard Dog, Mad Dog Vachon, Ray "The Crippler" Stevens, Vern Gagne, The Iron Shiek

That's because Goldust was a career maker and Stardust has taken Cody to that next level when he had been stagnant for a couple of years. For Dusty to bad mouth the Goldust character and say the many negative things he did because he didn't like the characters overtones, especially when it made his son famous, was out of bounds in my opinion.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 01:05:36 PM »

That's because Goldust was a career maker and Stardust has taken Cody to that next level when he had been stagnant for a couple of years. For Dusty to bad mouth the Goldust character and say the many negative things he did because he didn't like the characters overtones, especially when it made his son famous, was out of bounds in my opinion.
I agree but I also think it was a story line.  I believe Dusty Rhodes was involved in recruiting and behind the scenes with WWE.  No a days it is all about the story line and drama.

Remember when it used to be 2 out of 3 falls.
Russell McDonald

Offline Nice Racks

• Sourdough
  • Groups: McChord AFB Archery Club
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »
Those guys go through a lot to entertain us. RIP Dusty.

Offline DoubleJ

• YAR Nutcracker
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »

I agree but I also think it was a story line.  I believe Dusty Rhodes was involved in recruiting and behind the scenes with WWE.  No a days it is all about the story line and drama.

When he said those things about Dustin though, he was still with WCW and not affiliated with WWF (at the time).  There was real life bad blood between the two for a number of years.  Not exactly what I'd call a supportive father during those years

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »

When he said those things about Dustin though, he was still with WCW and not affiliated with WWF (at the time).  There was real life bad blood between the two for a number of years.  Not exactly what I'd call a supportive father during those years
I think it all got settled out.  Both sons inducted him into the Hall of Fame a couple years ago.
Russell McDonald

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
That's to bad ..I used to watch all the stuff back in the day with my Grandfather ...When that stuff was on you did not bother him about anything ..He loved that crap a lot ..my best memories with him was staying up to 11pm and watching wrestling ..Midget wrestling was our all time favorite ..So funny watching those little dudes flying around the ring ..Superfly was one of my favorites ! After Stone Cold left I pretty much gave up on it , All UFC for me now !! :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]