collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rimrock bound!!! bull down!  (Read 26076 times)

Offline fastdam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Rimrock bound!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
Cryder......I Live in Tieton, and have ALOT of friends in the area who hunt and play in rimrock. None are thieves. What is your point? Are you insinuating the area is full of thieves?     Where do you live and how did get to be so wise about this area?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »
Went and set up my camera this morning and just before i arrived to my location i spotted a bull watching me. Thats pretty cool seeing he was only 200 yards from where i set the camera up :tup:
way to get after it, never mind negative comments!  I just replaced my sd card on Saturday after only one week of soaking, two small Bulls, a cow and a doe. Not bad for one week, good luck!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Quackwhacker

• Life is real good!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »
Cameras are a great way to pass the time until the season starts and gives a an idea of any potential bulls you may have a shot at. Enjoy your scouting. Good luck on the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
I feel cameras are a great way to see whats in the area and can help a guy decide where to really scout. Plus its fun to check for the results...kinda like opening a present"). Always a risk of them getting taken but its the chance you have to take. Plus depending on the time of year its very likely the bull will still be where the picture was taken.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »
I feel cameras are a great way to see whats in the area and can help a guy decide where to really scout. Plus its fun to check for the results...kinda like opening a present"). Always a risk of them getting taken but its the chance you have to take. Plus depending on the time of year its very likely the bull will still be where the picture was taken.

Another nice "side effect" of putting out cameras is all the area you cover and learn while hiking around. Hanging a camera isn't just picking some random tree and throwing out salt or whatever but you really need to be aware of pinch points, game trails and other areas where you believe the animals will be traveling. It makes you look at the terrain in a much different way versus just going out and hiking around.  :twocents:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »

Another nice "side effect" of putting out cameras is all the area you cover and learn while hiking around. Hanging a camera isn't just picking some random tree and throwing out salt or whatever but you really need to be aware of pinch points, game trails and other areas where you believe the animals will be traveling. It makes you look at the terrain in a much different way versus just going out and hiking around.  :twocents:

Agreed on yout thoughts..you would have to get real lucky just hanging in a random spot

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 01:06:51 PM »
Sorry if anybody is offended but after crooks hit us twice in 3 years in364 it just really gets to you , then I go into one of the hock shops and the place is full of trail cams and one of them we are pretty sure was one of ours, and for another thing ask what the law inforcement says you will get it real quick, Im not saying IT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE IM JUST SAYING IT HAPPENS THERE ALOT. :dunno:Dont get me wrong I use trail cams all the time on my property just to keep track of whats out there and I completely enjoy them until someone invades my privacy or my stalking plans by stealing every thing they see in the woods, I had a officer tell me to not leave camp unatteneded ever he says there is agroup they are after that will spot and stalk your camp wate for you to leave and take everything they can carry but any ways hey I got a picture of a bull from last year lets go see if he is still standing there ! :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:22:09 PM by cryder »
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 09:23:05 PM »
Well that sucks. There are places I wont leave my truck for sure.

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »
Cryder there are definitely thieves in that area we have been fortunate enough not to have been hit but friends of ours have been. I don't think cryder was saying everyone in that area is a thief but when you have had stuff stolen before you start to question people more often. Hanging trail cams is alot of fun and its another sort of hunting just with a different type of shot! Can't wait to check pics soon :tup:. Trophy cant wait to see how your wife's hunt turns out
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline shmeegs80

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
Lots of campers out today, but none that I saw out in the woods. Got my cameras put out. Hopefully will be posting some big bull pics soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline bullfisher

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 03:10:46 AM »
We've got a good season this year mike, you'll poke a toad for sure :tup: Cameras are another good excuse to hit the woods. Now I need to start hangin out with yer brother,  maybe some of his luck will rub off on me.

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »
Sorry if anybody is offended but after crooks hit us twice in 3 years in364 it just really gets to you , then I go into one of the hock shops and the place is full of trail cams and one of them we are pretty sure was one of ours, and for another thing ask what the law inforcement says you will get it real quick, Im not saying IT DOESNT HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE IM JUST SAYING IT HAPPENS THERE ALOT. :dunno:Dont get me wrong I use trail cams all the time on my property just to keep track of whats out there and I completely enjoy them until someone invades my privacy or my stalking plans by stealing every thing they see in the woods, I had a officer tell me to not leave camp unatteneded ever he says there is agroup they are after that will spot and stalk your camp wate for you to leave and take everything they can carry but any ways hey I got a picture of a bull from last year lets go see if he is still standing there ! :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:
We have never had any issues at our camp and we have a lot of cams out each year. 

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
Well there you have it ! That's just another reason I always go back its just another thing I know about 364 that will never surprise me ever again because ill be ready for it , just like the fool that almost put a quick end to my hunting days forever with his launching of missles at freeeeeekn 4am in the dark and shot a illegal spike with a hanger , but his first shot exploded 20 yards in front of me ,I swear I thought I was dead, never again im ready for those fools too ! I will never rifle hunt anywhere ever again that season is absolutely out of control !,but who cares right ! keep the sales going till we see our own states vesion of that movie from the 80'S ? Called shoot were hunters turn on each other, then im sure fish ands feathers will not change anything just start having draws for Kevlar camoes but only the lucky people get them.  bow hunter till the end or we run out of elk ! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:01 AM »
opening day is here and where am I going to be? Working that is going to be rough! I'm taking off Tuesday after work to hunt through sunday. Its not going to be easy but cooler weather will hopefully make it easier. Am I the only guy who cant sleep?

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Frontiersman
Re: Rimrock bound!!! bull down!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »
6X7 on the ground story and pics soon

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10