collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: MAINE MOOSE TAG!  (Read 73946 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: MAINE MOOSE TAG!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
Congrats, a friend did a Maine moose hunt a few years ago and got a dandy.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 03:53:33 PM »

WMD 7.  It's the Rangley Lakes, Kennebago, parmachenee area.  It borders Northern NH and Canada.

The moose have been hit hard by the tick problem  along with a lung disease issue.  The populations aren't what they used to be, but we should still be able to find a good one...

I'm from Errol (on the map), so it couldn't get any closer without being a NH moose tag. :tup:
Nice!  I used to hunt just north of Errol, stayed in Wentworth Location, would drive out northeast into your moose area and then back into NH on paper company roads that were only accessible form the Maine side. 

Did you hunt in the Grant (west branch, dead diamond, horne brook areas)?  I've hunted in there and taken a few good bucks.  Did you stay with friends or rent a place?

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »
Dad went out yesterday and spotted two bulls and one cow.  He also saw a nice buck and a bunch of grouse.  It should be a fun two weeks in October.

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 06:53:39 AM »
Congrats, should be a great time.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »

WMD 7.  It's the Rangley Lakes, Kennebago, parmachenee area.  It borders Northern NH and Canada.

The moose have been hit hard by the tick problem  along with a lung disease issue.  The populations aren't what they used to be, but we should still be able to find a good one...

I'm from Errol (on the map), so it couldn't get any closer without being a NH moose tag. :tup:
Nice!  I used to hunt just north of Errol, stayed in Wentworth Location, would drive out northeast into your moose area and then back into NH on paper company roads that were only accessible form the Maine side. 

Did you hunt in the Grant (west branch, dead diamond, horne brook areas)?  I've hunted in there and taken a few good bucks.  Did you stay with friends or rent a place?
Yes, mostly west branch.  We rented a room in Wentworth Location, all I really remember is that there was a bar attached to the same building.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »

all I really remember is that there was a bar attached to the same building.

:chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 06:39:02 AM »
Two small bulls that dad spotted while putting out the trail cameras.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 07:00:25 AM »
Awesome.  What weapon are you guys going to do it with?  I can't wait to see pictures on this thread.  Hardwoods in fall, swampland and big dark moose with maple antlers. 

:drool:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline hirshey

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
Congrats! That should be a blast.. I have a friend that guides out there and his clients have pulled some beautiful animals! I look forward to hearing about your adventure!
I am not opposed to golf, for I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering deer.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »
Crazy looking forward to this hunt. I've got a couple friends with unreal hunts this year. 

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »
Friend of mine lives in Maine ..I sure want to go hunting with him someday ..He is a moose hunting machine !  Good luck  :tup:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:47 AM »
Dad went out yesterday and spotted two bulls and one cow.  He also saw a nice buck and a bunch of grouse.  It should be a fun two weeks in October.

Will you guys have deer tags too?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »

Will you guys have deer tags too?

I am considering buying an archery deer tag, not sure yet.  Part of me wants to, but the other part says "just focus on the moose hunt".    There will definitely be lots of grouse cooked in camp and hopefully a good bull on the ground by day 6.

I keep thinking about this whole 6 day season thing... there's some pressure there.  Hopefully dad can handle it. :chuckle:

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 03:46:49 PM »
Awesome.  What weapon are you guys going to do it with?  I can't wait to see pictures on this thread.  Hardwoods in fall, swampland and big dark moose with maple antlers. 

Dad will be using a 6.5 x 55 and I'm going to carry along a .32 special that was passed down to me.  I'm just close range backup. ;)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »

Dad will be using a 6.5 x 55 and I'm going to carry along a .32 special that was passed down to me.  I'm just close range backup. ;)

Nice. An old lever gun seems fitting for this adventure.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand