collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Skagit sockeye  (Read 13920 times)

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
Re: Skagit sockeye
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
Why do the fish need be netted? Couldn't they just pull a truck up to the ladder shoot, count off the allotted number and call it a day?

The river has been pretty darn milky the past couple days has that helped or hurt fishing?

Then the state would actually know how many fish they caught.  It would also take away from the ancestral use of "mono" nets to catch fish. :bash:

:yeah: ain't that the grim truth :rolleyes:  Makes ya wonder why they even open a sport fishery on the river.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline NW Woodchuck

• Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »
Sunday morning and Sunday evening the bite was good.  Today I fished 6-noon with out a bump.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »
The way I see it is you have 2 days to catch fish ..Sunday and Monday ...I am so peeeesed they get to take the resource and then sell them .. :bash: :bash: :bash: If they were feeding their tribes only . I would not have an issue but the only reason we have a season is to make it look good for WDFW and to collect our money ...THEY ARE NOT DOING YOU ANY FAVORS ! They knew how many days the tribes would be fishing and your chances are very slim unless u live here like me and can go fishing on every spare moment you have ..then u may get a couple .. I would rather see them netting the Baker , rather than netting the lower river . We all know where the fish are headed and once they reach that point they should just back up their truck to the hose and let them flood their cabs to where the fish are coming out of their ears ..at least the fish had a chance to run the river system 1st ..not bashing the tribes ..I am bashing the freakin idiots who allow this to happen ...I am done with all the laws this state continues to hand out to you and I ..this country is done for ..and I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe ...god made vension and fish for us to eat and I will be eating  :cue: :archery_smiley: :mgun: :fishin:

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 07:00:49 AM »
Definately a heck of a lot cheaper to get your sockeye at Haggens :rolleyes:

Pathetic fishery when you see 200 plunkers on a bar with only 1 or 2 fish with net marks being cuaght.

Aren't the tribes aloud to net the Baker river also?
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
Went over HWY 9 bridge last week and they had a net ran from pillar to pillar on the old rail bridge.  It's a wonder any can make it through that choke point with this low water.  Who's keeping tabs on how many those guys catch.  Or do they rely on the canner/ processor to count them for them?
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
Went over HWY 9 bridge last week and they had a net ran from pillar to pillar on the old rail bridge.  It's a wonder any can make it through that choke point with this low water.  Who's keeping tabs on how many those guys catch.  Or do they rely on the canner/ processor to count them for them?
NO ONE !! and since the water has been so dirty , they are just killing them ..I want to know how many they get or do they just fish until someone tells them to stop ...I am sure they have all they need right now ...if the fishing is going to get hot , it should be this last week coming up ..

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 11:40:21 AM »
Baker is looking promising, there are already more fish in the lake than there were last year when I quit fishing it on July 27.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »
Baker is looking promising, there are already more fish in the lake than there were last year when I quit fishing it on July 27.

As of 7/7.  Total Transferred to Baker Lake: 7,754    :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline UBA

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
How big would the run be without all the nets?

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 05:22:45 PM »
Maybe this is the reason we didn't hook any sockeyes this weekend.   :dunno:

http://www.haggen.com/press-releases/haggen-hooks-baker-lake-salmon/

Can't say I'm surprised that a "local" store is using "locally sourced" (Netted fish) to fill their freezers.
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline widgeonwacher

• Tracker
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »
Maybe this is the reason we didn't hook any sockeyes this weekend.   :dunno:

http://www.haggen.com/press-releases/haggen-hooks-baker-lake-salmon/

Can't say I'm surprised that a "local" store is using "locally sourced" (Netted fish) to fill their freezers.
It's a local family too! There from lynden

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal