collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 out of 3 ain't bad  (Read 27136 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: 2 out of 3 ain't bad
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 06:31:18 PM »
What is funny is that both sides are right.

It is predator management and it is fuel for anti's. Even worse, it is fuel for those on the fence about hunting and predator control.

Personally I don't have a big problem with the predator control aspect but I don't like to see pics like this on the internet.

Offline JODakota

• BIGtuna
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »
Some would argue that pics like these give hunting a bad name.    I would agree. 
who said he was hunting?  Maybe he was working a ranch or farm.  Ever seen the damage to equipment from coyotes digging holes?

I own a large ranch and farm, and deal with coyotes every day.  I have never damaged a tractor or other equipment on a coyote den. 

You're lucky.   Do you tip toe around the farm hoping not to offend anyone?

Luck has nothing to do with it.  We know what we are doing.  We respect wildlife on the farm.  Not sure what your point is.  Perhaps there is not one.

I am in complete agreement with landowner. Damage to equipment??? Please. And yes I have run cattle and agriculture. And the ranches I have been a hand for have never really worried about coyotes. I'm not talking about a few hundred head. I'm talking about 800 being the smallest and average of 2000 plus. I'm an avid coyote hunter and trapper. So before you pull your liberal hippy bs, their pups. Why not wait until their worth something. And this is fuel for anti hunting. There isn't a lot out their I don't try and kill, but juvenile critters are off limits.
Not for self, but for country

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
What is funny is that both sides are right.

It is predator management and it is fuel for anti's. Even worse, it is fuel for those on the fence about hunting and predator control.

Personally I don't have a big problem with the predator control aspect but I don't like to see pics like this on the internet.

This I can agree with.. Would I shoot them? Nope. Do I support someone who does? Yup.

Offline Scvette

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
I'm all for predator control too,would I shoot those,maybe. Post pics if I did. NO way. That'll be PETA next poster.  :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »

Some would argue that pics like these give hunting a bad name.    I would agree.
It's management pure and simple.

Not the point  It's fuel for the non-hunters.  Plain and simple.
It's exactly the point.

No, it's not.   Posting pics like those have nothing to do with managing coyotes.

I agree. Some things are better left off the internet. I'm ok with shooting the pups but I don't see the point or need to post pictures of them.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 08:17:16 PM »
I hunt, and trap as much as I can. Ive done a few things that were  legal, but defiantly not going to post it on the net. To me its common sense......something we can control.  :twocents:
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline HHPro

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »
All for shooting coyotes but I prefer they not have mommas milk on them...Atleast let them get bigger so they provide a challenge and definitely don't post pics of all the baby animals you killed.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
Could skin those out and have a matching pair of slippers.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »
If an archery hunter shot a calf elk legally, would you guys complain about him posting pics of his kill on the internet??   :dunno: :dunno:

What's the difference?? 

Offline HHPro

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
If an archery hunter shot a calf elk legally, would you guys complain about him posting pics of his kill on the internet??   :dunno: :dunno:

What's the difference??
I would that's poor ethics in my opinion  :dunno: shooting any baby animal should be illegal in my opinion.If you can feel good about that there isn't much lower you can go.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »

What's the difference??
I would that's poor ethics in my opinion  :dunno: shooting any baby animal should be illegal in my opinion.If you can feel good about that there isn't much lower you can go.

Where do you draw the line.  You have condemned lots of hunter on this sight for shooting button nub spikes (blactails) and 150lb first year calf elk.  Do you feel the same about people who shoot does too because they are shooting some babies momma???

My point is simple......if it is legal it is legal.  You don't have to like it!!  Everyone does not have to share your opinion / ethics / morals / values ect...ect...ect...  Why should that person feel bad about posting a pic of there legally killed animal?  You big buck dead on a hillside with bloody tongue hanging out is just as offensive to antis as my cow / calf elk.  Who cares as long as it is legal.  People are always gonna complain about something and you will never make everyone happy.  So in closing.....do your thing and don't worry about others.   Also don't try and impose your ethics on others.  "About as low as you can go"...... Rapist theives and murderers are above a person that legally shoots a first year (5month old) button buck!!  Surely you don't believe that.

Offline HardCorpsHuntr

• Longhunter
  • Semper Fi
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." -Wyatt Earp

Online Jellymon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough

Offline Romulus1297

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19:25 PM »
Those pieces of crud coyotes killed a prime 600lbs steer this spring. Bit an ankle then infection. Of to WSU for a week and then killed :bash: Those coyotes all need some good old Ramik Brown  :bash:

Offline HHPro

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 05:53:24 AM »
What's the point of shooting a "baby"animal? If you're after meat wouldn't you rather go for a bigger animal that will fill the freezer? I have my opinion you have yours don't post a pic on a forum and not expect to get good and bad opinion's....quote author=jrebel link=topic=177408.msg2348672#msg2348672 date=1435815788]

What's the difference??

Where do you draw the line.  You have condemned lots of hunter on this sight for shooting button nub spikes (blactails) and 150lb first year calf elk.  Do you feel the same about people who shoot does too because they are shooting some babies momma???

My point is simple......if it is legal it is legal.  You don't have to like it!!  Everyone does not have to share your opinion / ethics / morals / values ect...ect...ect...  Why should that person feel bad about posting a pic of there legally killed animal?  You big buck dead on a hillside with bloody tongue hanging out is just as offensive to antis as my cow / calf elk.  Who cares as long as it is legal.  People are always gonna complain about something and you will never make everyone happy.  So in closing.....do your thing and don't worry about others.   Also don't try and impose your ethics on others.  "About as low as you can go"...... Rapist theives and murderers are above a person that legally shoots a first year (5month old) button buck!!  Surely you don't believe that.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:57:43 AM by HHPro »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal