collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 out of 3 ain't bad  (Read 27132 times)

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2 out of 3 ain't bad
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
Does this make them look older...

What's the difference between this and the fifty pound bears that are routinely posted?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:10:05 PM by mfswallace »

Offline Scvette

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »

Now you'd be really cool if you could go find some baby bobcats,maybe some baby geese,kill them and post those pics.  :chuckle:

Offline face

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »
Great job mfswallace . Love the post " shot him in the noggin" . if you dont like,then dont look. babies

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »

What's the difference between this and the fifty pound bears that are routinely posted?

:yeah:

Totally agree.  I love seeing any legally killed / hunted animal.  Even the 150 lb elk, 40lb blacktail button nubs, 50lb bear and coyote pups.  Cannot believe how naive some of you guys are to think this gives hunters a bad name any more than the 180 class mule deer buck that gets posted in the fall.  Anti hunters don't hate hunting because people kill certain animals........they don't like any animal being killed.  We actually give antis more firepower by arguing amongst ourselves over something stupid like this. 

Take emotion out of it and look at the facts.  Nothing wrong with the op's post if you do that.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 04:59:36 PM »

:yeah:

Totally agree.  I love seeing any legally killed / hunted animal.  Even the 150 lb elk, 40lb blacktail button nubs, 50lb bear and coyote pups.  Cannot believe how naive some of you guys are to think this gives hunters a bad name any more than the 180 class mule deer buck that gets posted in the fall.  Anti hunters don't hate hunting because people kill certain animals........they don't like any animal being killed.  We actually give antis more firepower by arguing amongst ourselves over something stupid like this. 

Take emotion out of it and look at the facts.  Nothing wrong with the op's post if you do that.
Antis will never be happy.  A few are more upset about the big bulls and bucks because they say hunters target the healthiest and leave the weaker animals for procreating.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 05:57:49 PM »
I have killed more coyote pups than I can count. A coyote is a coyote age is not important. That said the anti will literally use anything to try and smear hunters. As far as damage goes I know a guy that used to kill coyote pups like crazy in his orchard because they chew off the sprinkler tips and the pvc pipe. So I guess it just depends on what type of damage you are talking about.

In the end it's a coyote. %99 of the people on this forum and in general don't sell the hides I'm sure of that. Fur buyers are few and far between and in the end the juice is not worth the squeeze most of the time. Coyote hunting is mostly done for management purposes. So, in that regard young, old,  little, big, fat, skinny, mangy, and healthy they all end up being classified as the same thing... a coyote.

My only reason to wait is that I hate hot weather and prefer to chase them in the snow. I will however smoke any coyote at any time if given the opportunity. They are an important part of the eco system and some of them do need to survive. That's why god makes misfires, dead FoxPro batteries, frozen calls, and millions of other reasons why we will never kill them all nor should we.

Anyway, good on the OP for thinning the numbers and saving some other critters. The pictures are only 2 months away from being completely acceptable by everybody on this site.     
Exactly.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline fullpipe77

• Tracker
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 03:05:09 PM »
Yep coyote little or big is still just a coyote except now its dead!  I will admit I've shot a few little guys and it is more shooting the grown-ups.  Keep shooting!

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
Checking a trailcam and left the .22 40ft away over a fence in the truck, four GIANT pups come out of a den 20ft away :bash: I'll be back there soon   :bfg:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:27:54 PM by mfswallace »

Offline BGLEMIN

• Hunter
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Wonder what Darwin would think of this? Shooting the pups will make the bitch go back in heat...food for thought. The objective of management has only hastened procreation. As far as the debate whether you've given antis more fuel, that's exactly what they want. They want for you to be so paranoid about what you do that you'll stop doing it. Would you feel the same when carrying your .45 on your hip like a proud 2A supporter? Or maybe you no longer carrying your .45 because your worried someone might not like it!
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
What is funny is that both sides are right.

It is predator management and it is fuel for anti's. Even worse, it is fuel for those on the fence about hunting and predator control.

Personally I don't have a big problem with the predator control aspect but I don't like to see pics like this on the internet.

My exact thoughts!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BGLEMIN

• Hunter
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
Way to go Scvette, calling out names against a fellow forume member!!! You just became an anti in my book. Hope the OP does post more, why not he's proud of what he does. Are you sir proud of what you do with your locker room banter?
Henry David Thoreau

Offline BGLEMIN

• Hunter
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
Here's a calf that I did not hesitate to shoot. One weekend to hunt , bet your a$$ I'm not gonna pass!! I only post this now since there seems to be an overwhelming agreement that only mature animal pics are worthy of view. Still can't understand why a couple pups could create such dissent amongst a community structured around legal take? Or why one should be ashamed for posting there success. Perhaps the showcasing of Jakes should be chastised too, I mean come on shouldn't only birds with full fans be shot? What does grind my gears is why can't some be more tasteful in regards to the photos they take and submit?
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Landowner

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2015, 07:06:23 PM »
Way to go Scvette, calling out names against a fellow forume member!!! You just became an anti in my book. Hope the OP does post more, why not he's proud of what he does. Are you sir proud of what you do with your locker room banter?

I have no problem with Scvette's post.  Kill all the coyotes one wants to drop.  But consider leaving the dead pups off the web.  Can't see the connection to pride as a reason for posting 'em. 

Offline Landowner

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
.....What does grind my gears is why can't some be more tasteful in regards to the photos they take and submit?

Your post highlights the bone of contention here---what is tasteful.   I would not have posted that calf.  Then again, I don't see the sport in killing calves and fawns.   Each to their own.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »
The other side of this to me is,The antis are mostly for abortion so to look at this as baby animals should not be a prob. for them.Unless they are hypocrites that is  :chuckle: Seriously though,I would shoot them at any age just dont agree with pics as i have stated so many times in the past,Its just not worth it.if they didnt have our pics how could they get the followers that they have?  :twocents:
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal