collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW takes preventive actions to reduce conflicts with wolves  (Read 7411 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: WDFW takes preventive actions to reduce conflicts with wolves
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:36 AM »
I think more people are beginning to realize that wolf control will have to come from the public, the USFWS, WDFW, CNW, DoW are all the same outfit> Look at the wolf plan WA ended up with and then look at where we are today.

Offline Little Dave

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
No, I don't get that impression.  The impression I get is that most people don't even know that the wildlife agencies even exist and most don't know that there is a wolf issue.  We see this and we are concerned about it but we are not nearly as organized as these non-profits.  The non-profits are masters of deception and milking the good, charitable intention of the general public to do good things for the environment.

If we want to turn this stuff around in our lifetime, we need to reach out to the general public and speak to them not so much to push our agenda but to strengthen our common interests.  Here's an example of what should be done in our state:

Youtube - Colorado Model (about 10 minutes)

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »
No, I don't get that impression.  The impression I get is that most people don't even know that the wildlife agencies even exist and most don't know that there is a wolf issue.  We see this and we are concerned about it but we are not nearly as organized as these non-profits.  The non-profits are masters of deception and milking the good, charitable intention of the general public to do good things for the environment.

If we want to turn this stuff around in our lifetime, we need to reach out to the general public and speak to them not so much to push our agenda but to strengthen our common interests.  Here's an example of what should be done in our state:

Youtube - Colorado Model (about 10 minutes)

something like this could help us in Washington.   Anything that can gain us support from the public and specifically voters is what we need cause right now " they" are using the voters against us
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 03:01:44 PM »
The bad thing is, we, the hunters/fisherman and women, give our hard earned money to the liberally run state/WDFW, for our licenses and tags. The WDFW, who is not our friend at all. They are controlled by scare tactics, from these enviromentalist, terrorist organizations, who have many millions of dollars backing their cause. When you have billionaires, donating millions to these types of groups who sue/file lawsuits at the smallest inkling of anything, we're screwed.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Little Dave

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »
A key part of the success in Colorado was that the game department and commission-equivalent had a very limited role in the matter.  It was done by sportsmen for sportsmen.

Today in our state there are millions of non-sportsmen that don't know that they have a lot in common with us.  They may not want to get their shoes dirty, or miss a show, and they might not know if what they saw was a deer or an elk.  Even so, they want there to be plenty "deers" and "elks" in the woods and the rivers teeming with fish.  We simply do not do a good job reaching out to them.  We're not there, so the deceptive non-profits have moved in like vultures to fleece money from these folks.

The problem can be solved. If we had non-sportsmen on our side, we could roll back a number of bad laws and policies.  Likely, we could flush a lot of nonsense out of the game department.  Probably at least a ten to twenty year process, but worth the wait.

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 04:13:02 AM »
I think more people are beginning to realize that wolf control will have to come from the public, the USFWS, WDFW, CNW, DoW are all the same outfit> Look at the wolf plan WA ended up with and then look at where we are today.

These agencies all work toword the same agenda, Rewilding.  The general public is ignorant of any agenda at all and calls anyone who tries to help them become aware a conspiracy theorist.   We are left watching our self governed country be turned into just a state in the global order.  Sickening.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]