collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves prompt cougar hunt quota increase  (Read 15049 times)

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
Re: Wolves prompt cougar hunt quota increase
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 12:27:05 AM »
......and some thought Unsworthless would be good for our WDFW. Told ya.........he's a wolf lover.

So because he doesn't object to an increase in the cougar quota he is pro-wolf. Not really following your line of reasoning.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »
......and some thought Unsworthless would be good for our WDFW. Told ya.........he's a wolf lover.

So because he doesn't object to an increase in the cougar quota he is pro-wolf. Not really following your line of reasoning.

I think you could say that doubling the quota only gives the impression of doing something about predators in general but solves nothing.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 05:00:57 AM »
Funny that they are clamoring for good science on cougars now. They didn't do that over the baiting or hound laws... I have to ask what good will it do to "double" the quota since there weren't that many places that actually reached the quota last year anyway? If they want to kill more Cougs then perhaps they need to lengthen the season farther into the winter, Lower the tags price, OR offer up the old combo of adding bear and cougar to just deer or elk. Its pretty disingenuous to say they are doing something about the problem IMO ONLY by "doubling" the quota...  :twocents:
my area gets closed every year in January
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 07:08:30 AM »
And your area needs a double quota at least.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 07:12:48 AM »

He should allow a season of wolves is what I mean. That is the problem, but WDFW skirts around the problem that is the new killer in our neighborhood, the wolf. They cut the cougar seasons in the best cat areas in Washington State for what reason ? We have a lot of cougar problems that is never, ever reported in the news or to anybody else.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »
Sorry Campmeat, a wolf season in WA may never happen. When you have a wildlife commission over carrying capacity with wolf lovers and the WAG infected with anti-hunting groups, a hunting season is unlikely, at least anytime soon. I believe it was Dave Ware who said at the Spokane WAG meeting that "WA has a different political climate" in reference to what ID and MT have done with wolves.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »
Sorry Campmeat, a wolf season in WA may never happen. When you have a wildlife commission over carrying capacity with wolf lovers and the WAG infected with anti-hunting groups, a hunting season is unlikely, at least anytime soon. I believe it was Dave Ware who said at the Spokane WAG meeting that "WA has a different political climate" in reference to what ID and MT have done with wolves.

I know. It will never happen.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »
Jasnt o dont have the numbers in front of me but if memory serves it qas aomethong like 8 gmu's reached the quoata and most were in the NE. It will help those units but doea nothing everywhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
Jasnt o dont have the numbers in front of me but if memory serves it qas aomethong like 8 gmu's reached the quoata and most were in the NE. It will help those units but doea nothing everywhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. I was referring to my area as I have no knowlage of the rest of the state. But here in NE was we have the beginnings of a bad predator pit.  We need to get control of these predators ( cougar, bear, and wolves) before it's too late
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
 :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:  Sometimes I just want to freak out ..trying to get rid of one predator to make room for another is just a bunch of crap ! Why do we let things just happen ? Like I said many times over ..I have more respect of the cougar than I do for the wolves ..just makes me sick to my stomach on how these people think and are telling us how it needs to be done ..I have only one option for the wolf ..and I am sure no one wants to hear it  :dunno: ;)

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »

I don't know meat, they might have wolf AND cougar quotas to help the grizzlies.  :tung:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »

I don't know meat, they might have wolf AND cougar quotas to help the grizzlies.  :tung:

Dang, I forgot about the grizzlies. I saw one and took pictures of it near Loomis 26 years ago and the WDFW did't care about them then. I took the picture to Olympia, in person and they could of caredless.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
 :yeah:

Although, it seems like the wolf is the favorite of the animal rights wackos, in preference to all other species. They've all pretty much said by their actions that they don't care what dies as long as we have wolves again and lots of them.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
The irony in this is that there is some recent indication that cougars are killing wolves in some areas.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »
The irony in this is that there is some recent indication that cougars are killing wolves in some areas.

Irony? I have a feeling that some of the wolf lovers have pushed for this. It's possible that HSUS's comments regarding cougar management are meant to make it appear like they care. I don't see any lawsuit or injunction, however. We certainly will if we ever get to a point of killing wolves on a regular basis.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]