collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fires and Wenaha East Archery bull tag  (Read 24842 times)

Offline BLUEBULLS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Fires and Wenaha East Archery bull tag
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »
Didn't read the whole thread, but in my mind the best way to do this would be to reissue next year plus the regular amount.  Certainly wouldn't hurt to have double the amount for one year.  Same amount overall.  Should be simple really.

It would have an effect. A lot of tagholders concentrate in the same small areas.  I'm really hoping the elk have done well and the habitat comes  back as it should. It would suck to have tag numbers go down in these units for future years.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
I agree bluebulls, it sucks to have this happen but doubling the tags next year I don't think overall is a good idea.  I the area that is burning will be nice and green next year, it's crazy how fast things go from black to green after a burn.  I also hope the animals are getting out of harms way, Obviously the residents as well.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »
Didn't read the whole thread, but in my mind the best way to do this would be to reissue next year plus the regular amount.  Certainly wouldn't hurt to have double the amount for one year.  Same amount overall.  Should be simple really.

It would have an effect. A lot of tagholders concentrate in the same small areas.  I'm really hoping the elk have done well and the habitat comes  back as it should. It would suck to have tag numbers go down in these units for future years.

Agreed. Just like anywhere else...the elk and the hunters are in the spots they are in for a reason. You have trail access or water or a concentration of elk or whatever....and you end up with multiple hunters in the same general areas. Double the # of hunters and you end up with guys on top of each other. If you think that doesn't happen, ask nwhunter or bluebulls or other folks who hunt and know that country.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »

My weather ap on my phone has rain and the lows getting like really cold Wednesday and Thursday! It says lows 45 in centralia with rain? That would be snow in the mountains! Couldnt be !?

Not necessarily the Blues, but it looks like they might get some rain. Hopefully it doesn't evaporate before it hits the ground.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline B.G.hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »

My weather ap on my phone has rain and the lows getting like really cold Wednesday and Thursday! It says lows 45 in centralia with rain? That would be snow in the mountains! Couldnt be !?

Not necessarily the Blues, but it looks like they might get some rain. Hopefully it doesn't evaporate before it hits the ground.
I hope the weather man is correct we need rain in the worst way.
"Shoot the spike".  It's much easier to pack out!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]