collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone ever go up NF38 at the end of the middle fork of the Nooksack?  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Kmerr98277

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
About 10 years ago I took the road to the end, which I believe is near the slide lake trailhead, and stayed left zigzagging up a logging road.  It was overgrown, but I hiked up to two small lakes and caught all kinds of trout.  I went back last year but the logging road is completely overgrown.  It would probably be about 5 miles of trail blazing now.  Just curious who has been up there.

Offline TheSkyBuster

• Aim High
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sourdough
Nf rd38 would take you to the elbow lake trail head.   Last time I was up there the road continued for a couple miles after the trail head and tapered off.   The Slide lake trail head is on nf rd 16.  Illabot crk rd.   that road is blocked off at the trail head but still walkable to the Jordan lakes trail head about 2 1/2 miles farther.  Several other small lakes in that area as well.  You posted this in the bear hunting section. Is that what your looking for?

Offline Kmerr98277

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Oops I meant elbow lake. Yeah, I think i'm going to try one of the forks of the nooksack for bear. I tried the middle fork a few times but there was a ton of logging activity and hikers going up the sisters.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal