collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 pin adjustable sight pro-con !?  (Read 5000 times)

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: 3 pin adjustable sight pro-con !?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
Might be worth calling S H

Could be.  Sure wouldn't hurt!

I personally like the Sure-Loc better, but they no longer offer the 3 pin with a small aperture. >:( >:( >:(  The new Red Slider 3 pin is HUGE  :yike:

I have also been spending some time with the new Axcel Accutouch and I have to say "Wow!  What a sight!!"  Only problem there is they do not offer a multiple pin option yet.  Well that and you'll have to take a second mortgage out on the house to pay for the dang thing!!!  CL likes the pin stops - I did not and took them off.

I have not personally had a Fast Eddie on a bow yet.  I know they lightened the bracket up a little over the Tommy Hogg.  Whether that is enough or not I just do not know.  But, I guarantee it will be much higher quality machining and a lot better looking than either the MBG or the CBE.  And, the pin adjustments and center wire might make the trade off for weight and balance worth it!

Few bowhunters ever regret spending the extra money to jump from a reasonable sight to a premium quality sight.  Same with arrow shafts and quivers.  Myself I would rather have a $400 bow, a hairy hole and bargain basement camo than have a cheap sight on a $1500 bow.  Though I'd probably take bargain everything for a good release! ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:52:55 PM by RadSav »
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »
RadSav- Other than weight why do you NOT use spothogg? Been wanting to try the Tommy but you have me questioning!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »
RadSav- Other than weight why do you NOT use spothogg? Been wanting to try the Tommy but you have me questioning!

Don't let me not using Spot Hogg stop you from trying one.  I shot Spot Hogg exclusively for a lot of years.  Probably sold a thousand more.  Quality of the product has never been the issue!

You may not like the noise of the slide lock/micro adjust or the weight of the TH.  But I think you will really like it's durability, center wire and quality.  While the TruBall stuff is on a whole other level of quality...it comes at a price.  A very HIGH price $$$ :chuckle:

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
I have also been spending some time with the new Axcel Accutouch and I have to say "Wow!  What a sight!!"  Only problem there is they do not offer a multiple pin option yet.  Well that and you'll have to take a second mortgage out on the house to pay for the dang thing!!!  CL likes the pin stops - I did not and took them off.

Update:  After a few 3-D shoots CL has now agreed with me and taken the pin stops off.  Was a great idea, just comes with some micro adjust issues we decided were better without them.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand