collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Bobcat  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Jeremy S

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
    • jeremysample.net
Re: First Bobcat
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
Awesome story!..... similar to a raccoon I got a few years ago.
Instagram: @jeremy.sample @backcountryconnection

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 02:45:25 AM »
Speaking of racoons. . .my Dad accidentally cornered a big fat male in one of our horse stalls we were using as extra storage once and had to kill it with a lawn chair. . .he was extremely out of breath after that bout!!!

Coon was in the stall when my Dad went in. . .it was dark and he hadn't turned on the lights yet. . .as soon as he hit the lights the coon came straight at him and he had to grab whatever was closest. . .which just happened to be one of those aluminum tube and woven fabric lawn chairs. . .chair wasn't any good after that. . .

Funny... one night the wife and her sister woke me up and said something was getting the dog in the greenhouse. You could hear one hell of a scrap going on, so I jumped out of bed and ran straight out there. Our jack russel, Kelsey, and a big coon were going at it. I grabbed the first thing I could, a big plastic jug full of cat litter, and smashed it right down on top of the coon. The coon went down with all fours spread out and the dog on top of it... Then the coon got up and let out this huge pissed off growl...it was then I realized that I was only standing there in boxer shorts. I made a short haste for my dads house across the yard to get one of my guns out of the safe, but the girls let the coon get out (even though I told them to stay and block the exit... silly girls), so I didn't get him. Moral of the story keep a loaded gun on the bedside... which has been the demise of several possums and coons.

Offline atomicjoe23

• Scout
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 08:43:05 AM »
My sister's showed quarterhorses growing up so we always had coons & possums getting into the barn cat's food. . .I had to kill more than a few possums with whatever was handy. . .mostly pitch forks and 12 lb. sledgehammers. . .for future reference to anyone thinking about it I would highly NOT recommend going the sledgehammer route. . .it wasn't pretty and it wasn't fun!!!

Sorry to high jack the thread with coons and possums. . .
Joel

-Weatherby Vanguard Varmint Special--.22-250 Remington
-black synthetic Remington 870 Super Mag--3 1/2" 12 ga.
-camo synthetic Remignto 870--20 ga.
-6.8 AR15 build in progress. . .
-Ruger 10/22

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw