collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Another "hunting club"  (Read 12476 times)

Offline johnsc6

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Another "hunting club"
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
Sad news,I read in the newspaper the Valley(Skagit) has another profiteerng hunting club in the makes, is thier going to be any place for our youth to hunt anymore?
 :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Another "hunting club"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/finding-waterfowl/article_26a532a8-b0e8-54d3-8405-eeb1cd88a314.html

This Article?
MOUNT VERNON — Anacortes resident Jonathan Kitchens loves to hunt birds, but he ran into a problem when he moved to the area from Tennessee: He didn’t know where to hunt fowl in Skagit County.

Then in came La Conner resident Dave McCormick.

An avid bird hunter, McCormick was interested in helping others find fields in which to hunt.

Kitchens and McCormick recently partnered to create Know Where To Hunt, a business venture that seeks to take the guesswork out of hunting birds in the Skagit Valley.

“Knowing just where to hunt is the first step,” Kitchens said. “When I moved here with my family, I had no idea where to go. In fact, I have yet to even take my shotgun out into the field since I moved here. That, to me, is really disappointing. And I know I’m not the only hunter in this area in this situation.”
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
Crappy part is it states that none of the properties were available to hunters.  Yes they were, just not to everyone, which made the hunting good.  This should be fun.  I hope it goes away quickly.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline PatoLoco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:37:22 AM »
“Knowing just where to hunt is the first step,” Kitchens said. “When I moved here with my family, I had no idea where to go. In fact, I have yet to even take my shotgun out into the field since I moved here. That, to me, is really disappointing. And I know I’m not the only hunter in this area in this situation.”   

Never had his gun in the field since he moved here?

Offline WAPatriot

• Longhunter
  • its not the arrow its the indian
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »
Stupid quality hunt program already has ruined several of my spots in the Skagit valley I can hardly wait to see what this does

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »
Crappy part is it states that none of the properties were available to hunters.  Yes they were, just not to everyone, which made the hunting good.  This should be fun.  I hope it goes away quickly.
seems like that's how this whole world is going. Equality man sheeessshhh  :chuckle: :chuckle:  Private spots are getting harder and harder to keep to yourself now days.  :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:30:46 PM »
Not just a coast issue, happening over on the far east side as well.  A lot of places that had decent hunting are being picked up by guide services who think they can make a buck.
They tie the property up for the season then hunt it once or twice a year so their clients can limit out in couple of hours and the guide can send them on their way and be done by noon.

Also had more than one instance where a local attorney was advising people not to let anyone hunt their property as it left them open to liability suits if someone were injured.  Guy is anti-hunting

Soon to be a pastime of the wealthy.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline sticky

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »
My dad told me when the price of a deer tag went from $3 to $5, "Hunting is becoming a rich man's game."  Truer now than anytime since.
Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as the heritage of all men, in all lands, every where. Destroy this spirit, and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors.

-Abraham Lincoln

Offline johnsc6

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 07:06:47 AM »
your exactly right H2O..... except for the fun part.  money grubbers.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 07:09:36 AM »
My dad told me when the price of a deer tag went from $3 to $5, "Hunting is becoming a rich man's game."  Truer now than anytime since.

I think life in general is becoming a rich man's game.  Hunting is no longer a means of supporting a family.  Thankfully!  If it were a liable means of support then we'd have no animals left.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 07:52:52 AM »
I looked at the website.  $75 for a morning hunt & $65 for an afternoon hunt.  Basically a guide service without a guide.  Almost like doing the reservation QH but now you have to pay for them.  A crappy deal in the making right here.  Teaching all the land owners that they should be paid to allow someone on there field.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »
Hunt clubs across the nation improve hunting if they are managed will.  The spill over to adjoining public land, often not managed will, helps public hunting.  The price of hunting on public land, your tags, fees, licenses, application fees, cards and parking fees is what puts the sport out of reach for most.  The private guy bends over backwards to help his hunters, the states find new ways to make it more difficult for the hunter and the landowner. 

Offline johnsc6

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
Hunt clubs across the nation improve hunting if they are managed will.  The spill over to adjoining public land, often not managed will, helps public hunting.  The price of hunting on public land, your tags, fees, licenses, application fees, cards and parking fees is what puts the sport out of reach for most.  The private guy bends over backwards to help his hunters, the states find new ways to make it more difficult for the hunter and the landowner.
HUH? these guys aren't doing anything to improve habitat, there making money off hunters that are to lazy to ask permission themselves. Buying a hunting slot from them doesn't change price of a small game license and duck stamp.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
nwwanderer said if they are managed well, they improve hunting.  Just because you don't like this particular change because it alters your area doesn't mean they are all money grubbing thieves  :dunno:

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Colville

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »
Private Land.  Tough crap.  I have no right to hunt free on private ground. If the land owner wants to make a buck leasing or on a per client/day basis that's his call.  Is it going to restrict access based on $ yep.  Tell me what part of this society's private goods and services don't work on the exact same basis?  The animals aren't there's, the land is and it's in demand and that will drive value. I only get bent when the states get in line with those land owners and grant them a certain number of tags to re-sell. As long as all they can sell is access, have at it.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal