collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: tri cities salmon?  (Read 8840 times)

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
tri cities salmon?
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:01:10 AM »
anyone here fishing em yet? went out yesterday trolling in front of batemans island and picked up a small Chinook. had one other strike but lost it almost immediately.

I think its fixing to get good soon, my boat should be outta the shop today with a new impeller and fresh tune up on the main motor, and Ive got a new carb and water pump for the Honda kicker to get it ready to go!

Offline ElkBOW79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: tri cities salmon?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »
I went out last weekend and caught 3 adults (biggest being 17lbs) and 2 steelhead.  Pretty slow fishing but they are starting to show...hopefully the weeds will be better this weekend.

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »
yeah we fought the weeds pretty hard after about 9am yesterday, wasn't terrible earlier then that though. only gonna get better!

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
18 boats at the mouth this morning when I drove over the bridge at 6:00.  Pretty popular place.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
Was out this morning at bateman caught one it was very slow and weeds were pretty bad. Anyone been to vernita yet?

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 01:47:13 PM »
2nd hand knowledge, but my dads buddy was at vernita a couple days ago and did pretty good, cant remember exactly what he caught, had 3 or 4 trips reports coming to me at once lol.

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »
Thanks for the update I have been wanting to give it a try there just think it's still early but have heard of a few caught there

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »
The next 6-7 days will get interesting, then I think it'll really take off. I gotta work till friday morning, when I get off I'm headed straight to ranch and home, then to the river  :IBCOOL:

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:32 PM »
Any body ever run break away flashers trolling around tri cities? I think I'm gonna buy some, as long as they work. Hoping the weeds won't trip em or something, though I guess if the weeds were that bad it'd be time to clean gear anyways.

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:58 AM »
Never hear of them but would be interested in hearing if they work, I have lost a few fish this year already and think the flasher plays a big part sometimes

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 05:26:38 AM »
Any body ever run break away flashers trolling around tri cities? I think I'm gonna buy some, as long as they work. Hoping the weeds won't trip em or something, though I guess if the weeds were that bad it'd be time to clean gear anyways.

I run break-away Q-Coves out here in the salt, love them.  Weeds should not be an issue, I've never noticed the eelgrass or other gunk trip the flasher.  I do think that I lose less fish using them.  Remember to not jamb the pin in, it needs to be just slipped in gently.

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 06:38:53 AM »

I run break-away Q-Coves out here in the salt, love them.  Weeds should not be an issue, I've never noticed the eelgrass or other gunk trip the flasher.  I do think that I lose less fish using them.  Remember to not jamb the pin in, it needs to be just slipped in gently.

fishing with you actually is what made me want them, I though we had some but I was thinking of our side planer boards.

im gonna pick up 3 or 4 on Friday and giver her a go, much nicer fighting a fish, instead of a bunch of gear and a fish!

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »
That's funny, I actually thought it was someone else asking about these.   :chuckle:

Offline hunt_fish

• Hunter
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
My dad runs the breakaway flashers up at Vernita when we go up there.  When I run cut-plug herring, most of the time I don't even run a flasher when we're up there fishing for kings.  If you run flashers up there or around town just remember to put a t-bead above it to try to catch the weeds.  We'll be heading up to Vernita for the camp this Thursday.  Should be good by then.

Offline plugger

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 04:45:46 AM »
What's everyone's take on how fast the fall kings get to tri city area after they cross Mcnary. I have heard everything from 1 to 10 days.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal