collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pullman wolf shooting update 14 Sep 2015  (Read 8297 times)

Offline Sumpnneedskillin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Pullman wolf shooting update 14 Sep 2015
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »
Pullman radio news just posted this on facebook

Pullman area man charged for allegedly killing wolf with expectation of eventual dismissal
 September 14, 2015
 By Evan Ellis

The Pullman area man accused of shooting a wolf South of town has been charged with a misdemeanor, but the case will likely be resolved in six months with a dismissal. Jonathan Rasmussen was charged Monday with Second Degree Unlawful Taking of an Endangered Species in Whitman County District Court. Rasmussen is accused of fatally shooting a wolf just South of Pullman in October of last year. County Prosecutor Denis Tracy has put the case on hold in what’s called “A continuance for dismissal”. That means if Rasmussen pays a 100 dollars to the county for court costs and does not commit a fish and game violation over the next six months the charge will be dismissed. Tracy notes that this type of resolution is common for misdemeanor hunting violations and that Rasmussen himself was the one who reported the wolf kill. His gun and scope were confiscated by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife agents. This case marked the first in the state’s history that a wolf shooting suspect had been identified. Wolves are listed as endangered by the state in Eastern Washington. While the feds have delisted wolves in this part of the state.
What's the most dangerous thing said in the US Navy? -- A Chief Petty Officer saying "Watch this s$%^!!"

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Pullman wolf shooting update 14 Sep 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »
 :tup:

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:07:43 PM »
I wonder what is the rest of the story ?

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:17 PM »
Exactly what I predicted.

Maybe the Defending lawyer will file for a continuance and everything will be dropped after 6 months of the initial court date. When Denis Tracy was the public defender back in the 90's he got me out of a felony fireworks charge by filing a continuance with the prosecutor. As long as I had nothing to do with fireworks for 6 months all charges were dropped per say and nothing is on my record.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »
The part the court can't really dismiss is blasting his name out there for the animal fluffer whackos.  They bugged the dentist that shot the lion to the point he had to go into hiding and shut down his business.

Offline notellumcreek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »
I would pay 100$ for a wolf tag in wa right now... Just saying.
CBM- commemorative bucks of michigannn

Offline zike

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 08:13:54 PM »
I would pay 100$ for a wolf tag in wa right now... Just saying.

Let see, $100.00 court fees, atty fees, and loss of rifle. Sounds more like at least a grand.

Offline cougarbart

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »
He will get his rifle back!

Offline 2labs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »

Says who? I wouldn't count on that.
Dino was robbed
Habitual Rock Poacher
Do these "attack" pants make my ass look big?

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 06:02:51 AM »
 :yeah: Or a year later with court costs :bash:

Offline Sumpnneedskillin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Pullman wolf shooting update 15 Sep 2015 **NEW**
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »

According to the latest update on face book he won't get his rifle back.

Local WDFW Commander disappointed with likely outcome in Pullman area wolf killing case
 September 15, 2015
 By Evan Ellis

The local commander of Washington Fish and Wildlife is disappointed with how the wolf shooting case near Pullman is expected to turn out. On Monday Whitman County Prosecutor Denis Tracy charged Pullman area man Jonathan Rasmussen with misdemeanor Second Degree Unlawful Taking of an Endangered Species. If Rasmussen pays one hundred dollars in court costs and avoids another fish and game violation for the next six months the charge will be dropped. Rasmussen allegedly fatally shot a wolf South of Pullman in October and then called to report the kill. Tracy stated his decision to likely drop the case stems from the fact that primarily the killing was not malicious. Local fish and wildlife agents investigated the case under the command of Captain Dan Rahn who says he was hoping for a heavier punishment. Rasmussen’s rifle and scope were confiscated by state agents. Captain Rahn says those forfeited items continue to be property of the state and will never be returned. Wolves are still protected by the state in Eastern Washington. They are no longer under federal protection in the region
What's the most dangerous thing said in the US Navy? -- A Chief Petty Officer saying "Watch this s$%^!!"

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Offline cougarbart

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »
a continuance for dismal is a agreement that as long as no violations are done in a certain time period the prosecutor will not charge you with the crime! it means they will dismiss charges and it will not be a conviction and you get any evidence returned! In a game violation only the animal can be confiscated and not returned because of perishable nature!

Offline Hunterman

• Y.A.R. PRO FISHING TEAM MEMBER #1 MASTER BAITER
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »
a continuance for dismal is a agreement that as long as no violations are done in a certain time period the prosecutor will not charge you with the crime! it means they will dismiss charges and it will not be a conviction and you get any evidence returned! In a game violation only the animal can be confiscated and not returned because of perishable nature!

I wouldn't hold my breath on the rifle being returned. Talk to RTSprings about getting a rifle back.

Hunterman(Tony)
SOMR PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO MEET THEIR HUNTING BUDDY. I RAISED MINE.

Online Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

I wouldn't hold my breath on the rifle being returned. Talk to RTSprings about getting a rifle back.

Hunterman(Tony)

Was going to say the same thing!!!
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
The firearm was seized for forfeiture, not solely seized as evidence. If it was solely seized as evidence then you would be correct. Since it was seized for forfeiture different laws apply.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal