collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: SnoCo / Everett Area bowhunters?  (Read 39362 times)

Offline Bow_mon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
SnoCo / Everett Area bowhunters?
« on: October 18, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
Hello.

I am in search of a compound bowhunting partner in the SnoCo area to chase deer up in the Cascades between Darrington/Oso & Granite Falls for day trips and more.

I am a native Washingtonian who has grown up all over this state. I’ve backpacked and camped through out this wild state and have recently taken up bowhunting. I come from a family who doesn’t hunt so this is all adult onset for me. I don’t have elders who have taught me the ways to track, stalk and ultimately dress an animal. I am 41 y/o and in good shape & live in Everett. I ran the Seattle R&R half marathon this year, Tough Mudder, GoRuck, I lift weights and am active in Crossfit 3x/week. I’m married with two kids so my time away from my family is difficult to make happen and when I am away what ever I’m doing I also take seriously. Especially when I’m hunting as I’m looking to bring home meat for my freezer and my family. I’m not going into the woods to sit in a blind, drink a ton of beer or smoke a bunch of weed.

I’m a fan of Steven Rinella, Cameron Hanes, Donnie Vincent, Tovar Cerulli and Hank Shaw.

I’m really looking to do some day trips out into the Cascades to hunt blacktail deer as it’s easier for me to get day pass than overnights at this time since my children are pretty young. With that said, if we gel and hunt well together then I also dream of high country backpacking hunts. I’ve got another group of friends that i’ve done some bowhunting with, but they are more about the whole wall tent experience and using that as a base camp. Which is cool too but I also would like to try a more of a backpacking/hunt trip sometime in the future.

Going forward, if your interested I think it would be wise to exchange a few emails, perhaps meet up for a burger and a pint and get to know each other, what our collective skills are, etc. and then perhaps a scouting trip before we head into the woods to actually hunt.

If this resonates with you and your interested hit me up and lets chat.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:08:27 AM by Bow_mon »

Offline dune

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: SnoCo / Everett Area bowhunters?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »
Im in for late season  :tup:

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »
 :tup:

Offline C.Guerrero

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
Im in.

Offline HankC

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »
Might be too late for me this season, but I'd be interested in doing some off season scouting for next year.

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 09:03:16 PM »
I'm just outside of Monroe and just started hunting blacktails this year.  I have a lot of experience archery hunting whitetails and mule deer, but am spending a lot of time out in the field, learning what I can.  I'm in.  Sounds like we could put together a Snohomish County group and share knowledge!
Dave

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
I'd be interested in a get together as well if time allows. Might be cool to meet at the 3D shoot in February at the Granite Falls Sportsmens club. Shoot a round then go grab a burger and a cold pop.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 07:35:13 AM »
I'd be game for that Jackelope.  I checked the GFSC website and didn't see a shoot scheduled for February.  There is one in late March.  Are you a member there?

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 08:05:11 AM »
I'll work on getting schedule fix on the website.  Clubs annual snowball shoot will be feb 20th and 21st.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 08:31:40 AM »

I'd be game for that Jackelope.  I checked the GFSC website and didn't see a shoot scheduled for February.  There is one in late March.  Are you a member there?
Im not but I should be. I've been to a few shoots there and D-rock always puts on a good time.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline RudyP

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA NAGR
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »
Hi guys I'm new to bow hunting. This is my second season hunting and first with a bow. I'd be interested in joining a group and learning what I can. I'm in the Mukilteo area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
D-Rock,
Although I've been bow hunting for 20+ years, I've never gone to a 3D shoot.  I understand a bit about them, but regarding the targets, are the yardages known or are guys using rangefinders, or are the ranges estimated by each shooter?  How many stations are there?
I definitely plan on going, getting some shooting in, and learning about the club.  Kenmore is a bit far for me and I'd like something closer and less of a traffic hassle!

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 10:45:52 AM »
Haven't shot my bow in 2 years.
Calendar is miraculously open for that weekend. I'd be interested in the 3D shoot as well.

back to the OP - I have never bow hunted, YET so I am no use at this time   Hope you find some good guys/gals to hunt with

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 11:04:06 AM »
Well Widgeondeke,
If we do form some sort of informal group to explore BT hunting with a bow, I don't think there would be any requirements. 
Have you been hunting waterfowl Widgeondeke?  If so, where do you hunt?

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 07:14:44 AM »
Well Widgeondeke,
If we do form some sort of informal group to explore BT hunting with a bow, I don't think there would be any requirements. 
Have you been hunting waterfowl Widgeondeke?  If so, where do you hunt?

I actually took these season off from waterfowl, but I am a public land hunter 95% of the time.  typically I hit Skagit HQ, Welts property near Edison and the "quality hunt" spots up North.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]