collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: wolf attack story from Sweden(goPro)  (Read 8122 times)

Offline Windwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: wolf attack story from Sweden(goPro)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »
Unfortunate- watching, hoping/waiting for one of the wolves to turn into a red mist.

Interesting- just ran across that story - used google translate from the original site -

http://svenskjakt.se/Start/Nyheter/2015/10/unik-film-vargar-angriper-hund--varning-for-starka-bilder/

This is what google translate came up with if any care.

Unique film : Wolves attack dog - warning of strong images

For nearly ten minutes struggling four-year Jämthund bitch Ready for his life in a wolf attack - and filmed himself the entire event .
Swedish Hunting is the only newspaper had the opportunity to show the film .

(Off a side bar)
Facts

Sweden were affected winter 2014-2015 of 62 family groups of wolves and territory marking wolf pairs , or equivalent 415 wolves. This, according to the official inventory compiled by Viltskadecenter .
Värmland County affected by the same inventory of 30 wolf territories , representing approximately 180 wolves.
After last winter's inventory has bred numerous new wolf litters in the country.

Clara's owner Tommy Berglund in Sunne talks about the incident that occurred during moose hunting premiere on 12 October.
- My impression is that she was out on a regular search excursion . She did not hunt the wolf, it just turned up in front of her . First, they are curious about each other, and she goes forward towards the wolf and seems pensive . She calmly walked up to find out what it was. Wolf makes a leap of a few meters and she runs after . Then turn the wolf and goes against her and it seems they sniff each other. Then slams it through the pinching her back.
A second wolf mobilization and Klara fight for his life for several , long minutes .

Have given up
At the end of the film she is just down and gasping, she seems to have given up.
- I never had time to get into the film, but shortly after that she sits up when she hears me. Then also wolves disappeared, says Tommy Berglund.
- I did not see her first. The beacon had stopped functioning and my first thought was that she was in contact with a moose and received a kick. But when I went back, I saw that she was bloody between his legs and that she had a bite mark. Then I realized that it was the wolf, it was an uncomfortable feeling and Klara could not get up.
Tommy wore his dog out to the road, a distance of 700 meters in a straight line.
- Thoughts ran while the blood ran. This is not the way I thought.
Blessing in disguise is that the veterinarian was available only 20-25 minutes drive away, the Mjönäs animal clinic in Munkfors.
- They anesthetized her right to sew and kept well in a few hours. She had a large wound back as they sewed and 14 minor injuries as they also sewed. Since she had 15-20 wounds that would be kept open and drain itself, says Tommy.
- But we got to take her home in the evening.

Medication
Complete subsequently found pain relief and antibiotics, both tablets and liquid injected into the wounds . The day after the attack began shock drop and the low the temperature began to become more normal . It took two or three days before she started to seem a bit livelier and happier .
- In the beginning she ate not , but now she eats and can walk a short distance to rest itself . She is doing under the circumstances , but it is not quite over yet . We 're off to the vet again today to examine her general condition. There may be injuries that we have not seen the dog is alert . The medication is also out today.

setback
Klara also received a setback during the past weekend , when she seemed to be in pain .
- Then we went to the vet again and got extra medicine to sårvätskebildningen . It has come incredibly much water from the wounds . The vet says that we can not shout hello yet. She has probably muscular injuries , particularly in one leg , says Tommy .
He doubts whether the muscles will recover enough to get to be able to hunt as before.
- There are things you do not know yet. Then we'll see if the psyche is , but she's very like.

First dog

Klara is Tommy's first dog and he does not think he dare let her back in the same area .
- She is a family member and it had become very empty if you do not got her home.
- But the hunt and especially the elk hunt 's my interest. I have been another hunting ground , farther north , but it is hard to find and one has to be affordable too. I will not move from here . We have also talked about getting a dog , in case something like this happens . It's a matter of when and not if , it's that you think now.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine
The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor, Success and safety of our bleeding Country depends

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »
Maybe he should get an Irish wolfhound as a kenel mate.  My grandpa used to raise Irish wolfhounds. Massive dogs, about the only breed I could think of that might be able to handle a wolf
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline clockwork

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: nra, psa
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »
wow that was wild! That camera may have saved that dog, kind of looked like they were distracted by it at times. they could have killed that dog quick but didnt for some reason. where were the owners though, that's a pretty far ranging dog.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
My first impression is that the wolf was being friendly and trying to play with her, but she was having none of it. Looked like fairly typical canine interaction for strangers meeting.  The wolf's tail was down in a submissive position early on. The dog showed more aggression by baring her teeth than the wolf did. If you watch closely you can see the wolf make many submissive gestures. 

The wolf seemed to be a male who was interested in a potential mate. Her defensive action appeared to be a female letting a male know she wasn't ready or interested. The wolf never bared his teeth and never tried to bite her that i could see.  I'd guess the second wolf was a female who seemed pretty bored by the whole escapade.  If the wolves intent was to cause harm they never showed it.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]