collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves in 186  (Read 1615 times)

Offline shootnrun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Wolves in 186
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »
This deer season, after punching my tag, I was steelhead fishing on the Ronde and watched 6 wolves tear apart a deer. We have noticed a decline in deer numbers over the last few years, but have managed to notch a few tags. We found another kill up in our grounds opening day. I have heard stories of the animals moving in, but actually witnessing the act was pretty disheartening.. I truly wish I understood the thought process or what is being accomplished by this reintroduction. I saw a herd of elk that seemed to be doing alright, and I have seen them in the area quite a few times, but I wonder how long they have before the deer numbers decline so much the elk become the #1 target..  :mor:

Rian

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Wolves in 186
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
This deer season, after punching my tag, I was steelhead fishing on the Ronde and watched 6 wolves tear apart a deer. We have noticed a decline in deer numbers over the last few years, but have managed to notch a few tags. We found another kill up in our grounds opening day. I have heard stories of the animals moving in, but actually witnessing the act was pretty disheartening.. I truly wish I understood the thought process or what is being accomplished by this reintroduction. I saw a herd of elk that seemed to be doing alright, and I have seen them in the area quite a few times, but I wonder how long they have before the deer numbers decline so much the elk become the #1 target..  :mor:
I am close friends with a rancher that free ranges cattle over a large area above the Ronde. He has been losing cattle left and right to the wolves. He was issued one tag, but cant just see the wolves eating his cattle, he must actually see them take his cattle down.The article below is further down in the wolf forum. Wolf shot in Blue Mountains; wolves injure calf in Stevens County New And this is what I have to say about the wolf shooting  :brew:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal