collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Westside Muzzleloader Help  (Read 1352 times)

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Westside Muzzleloader Help
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »
Hey everyone,

I need your help!  I have a late season muzzleloader elk tag. I live in Westport and cannot find a legal bull for the life of me.  I am to believe that majority-to all of the legal bulls that were around in this area were killed over modern rifle season.  Now, I understand that there are probably many more in the woods that did not show themselves, however, for the amount of ground my legs and bike covered scouting during regular season; I believe I did my part to cover a large area.  If anyone can help point me in the direction of a legal bull, I would be more than willing to trade seafood in exchange.  I have the ability to bring aboard a guest with me on a charter boat I work on.  Bottom line, there would be a way to make a fair trade of seafood for an elk.  I have the ability to travel, but would really prefer to stick to the Westside, and close to SW areas. Please p.m me if you can help.  I would really appreciate it.  My fiancé and I just had our first child a few months ago, and are trying to save money and get some meat in the freezer.  Thanks for reading this and considering.

Best!
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
Re: Westside Muzzleloader Help
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

I am confused SS88, I thought you were buying a rifled barrel for your shotgun as you didn't like BP? 

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »
That was my original plan.  Unfortunately the area I was going to hunt ended up having way more people coming in from out of town, so my buddy and I decided to bag that area. It is no my first choice. But, like I said, I need meat for the freezer.
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline D

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
I've been hunting elk for 8 years and haven't got one. I put my time in scouting, backpacking, studying, buying the right gear, and spending endless weekends away from my family. If you are looking to bag an elk every year to save money, well good luck! I probably spend more money on tags every year than it would cost to go buy a cow. That said, if I had a legal bull in my yard and didn't have a tag to harvest it, I'd take you up on that seafood trade. Good luck brother!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]