collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Baiting on the chopping block  (Read 135668 times)

Offline Axle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Baiting on the chopping block
« Reply #495 on: April 09, 2016, 06:55:54 AM »
Looks like they limited baiting to 10 gallons and allowed for the pick up and use of road kill deer and elk.

So - can they be picked up out of season and without a tag now?
A young woman hit one in front of me a few months back (doe actually ran into the side of her car). I stopped to help her out and look at her car. The doe bought the farm in the middle of the road after kicking for a while.
The young woman begged me to put the deer down but that's not quite legal in town.
Sure was tempting to haul it home but I couldn't. I drug it off to the side.
I am the man what runs with the football: Jerry Clower

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #496 on: April 09, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
Looks like they limited baiting to 10 gallons and allowed for the pick up and use of road kill deer and elk.

So - can they be picked up out of season and without a tag now?
A young woman hit one in front of me a few months back (doe actually ran into the side of her car). I stopped to help her out and look at her car. The doe bought the farm in the middle of the road after kicking for a while.
The young woman begged me to put the deer down but that's not quite legal in town.
Sure was tempting to haul it home but I couldn't. I drug it off to the side.

Ya that's a tough one when your watching something suffer and can't do anything. Should be able to Rambo them with a knife at least

Offline 4fletch

• Older than old
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #497 on: April 09, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
If you ever have to dispatch a wounded wild game animal. Don't let anybody see you. They may conviscate you gun for out of season kill , shooting from a road and whatever else they can get on you

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #499 on: April 09, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »
If you ever have to dispatch a wounded wild game animal. Don't let anybody see you. They may conviscate you gun for out of season kill , shooting from a road and whatever else they can get on you

With this new law, they will have to come up with some guidelines for finishing an animal off and reporting criteria. This is probably why it will not be implemented right away.  Hopefully they don't do the usual and try to come up with some  whacked out scheme on their own. There are plenty of other states where they have successfully implemented this type of thing decades ago, WDFW, should look at these.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #500 on: April 10, 2016, 03:53:55 AM »

With this new law, they will have to come up with some guidelines for finishing an animal off and reporting criteria. This is probably why it will not be implemented right away.  Hopefully they don't do the usual and try to come up with some  whacked out scheme on their own. There are plenty of other states where they have successfully implemented this type of thing decades ago, WDFW, should look at these.

In Alaska, it's normal to have to call in law enforcement to finish off wounded moose in their road kill program.  Problems could arise when shooting along roads and within city limits. It can be very frustrating waiting for someone to show up when an animal is suffering.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »
Seems the new rule change for baiting will not make any differance anyways. Deer will still concentrate on private property.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »
Seems the new rule change for baiting will not make any differance anyways. Deer will still concentrate on private property.
Ten gallons of apples or what ever is a quite a bit.  If you have private property and want to put out a bunch of bait it just has to be 200yards apart.  You can get a lot of bait out if you do a grid of 10 gallon dumps every 600feet. 

I think you are right, I am pretty sure this rule isn't going to change anything.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]