collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Robbed off Hy 18 today smash and grab  (Read 22286 times)

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
Re: Robbed off Hy 18 today smash and grab
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »
  Well I guess I was burglarized, the term doesn't really do what happened justice, my passenger side window was smashed out and pretty much every piece of hunting gear along with a 1000.00 dollar compound bow was snatched from inside my truck, still pretty bummed out.

Offline Zardoz

• Meme Lord
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Legend
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:57 PM »
I had some traps stolen up there and caught a guy in the back of my pickup, so I quit going there.

Soooo.........they never found the body?   :chuckle: :chuckle:
“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”—Thomas Paine

Certa Bonum Certamen
SILENCE LIKE A CANCER,...GROWS.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »
We moved here 7 years ago from the north eastern US.  From the start I was hearing of people parking just about anywhere and having problems.  Out by the trailhead for Mt. Si in North Bend, anywhere along the Snoqualmie River, way back on the middle fork or north fork road, (we lived in North Bend), anywhere slightly "remote". 
I lived in PA before moving here, in a town similar to Issaquah in size, affluence, and proximity to a large urban area (Philly) and I never had any issues with parking at trailheads, parks, river access points, etc.  It just boggles my mind that it's so prevalent out here. 
The only thing I can say is I've never left anything of value in my vehicle, and anything that MIGHT cause someone to break in has been hidden.  I try to leave the inside of the vehicle clean, no change, no pairs of gloves, no sunglasses, not even a single screwdriver or wrench, no trash, nothing.  I've not been broken into during my 7+ years here and I am out in the field quite a bit.  Maybe I'm just lucky, but with nothing at all visible, there is less of an incentive for someone to break in.  I make sure the inside of the truck is clean whenever I park anywhere that isn't at work, a very public parking lot, or my driveway.  Unfortunately, tweakers are very sick people, and they are consumed with getting their next fix.  I doubt they are on any social media websites and probably don't share stories of getting beat up after getting caught.  They live in a vacuum of getting their next fix, whether it be by begging, lying, stealing, you name it.  They don't do stuff for fun, certainly don't watch the news or surf the internet for interesting tweaker stories, and rarely even eat or sleep.  You can send one to jail, beat one up, get one in treatment, and it will do nothing to change the way all the others are living their lives.  I'm no bleeding heart liberal feeling sorry for them, just a realist. 
There's not much anyone can do to protect your property to remove as much incentive for them to break in as possible. 

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »
Had the same thing happen in the same area 5-6 years ago. Lost carhart clothing, arrows, bow case, etc. The didn't pop my trunk or I would have lost a couple hundred dollars in tools. It was enough for me not to go back since.

Xforce is my brother,...I was just going to mention this. It is sad really that people cant even park their rigs at closed roads and hunt or hike without worrying about getting busted into. Happens all the  time there. Sorry to hear it man. Home owners coverage maybe?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »
Ghillie Man.   I love the idea.

Wheres the Arrow when you need him.   
Sorry Dave, that stinks.

Offline danderson

• Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »
My home owners insurance is covering the loss, the worst part for me is knowing these low lifes are still out there running loose,
I didn't realize this area was prone to break-ins and cars getting busted into but I sure do now, I wont be making the mistake of hunting the west side ever again.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
I had some traps stolen up there and caught a guy in the back of my pickup, so I quit going there.

Soooo.........they never found the body?   :chuckle: :chuckle:
hahaha ...That's funny !

Offline bugs n bones

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WSTA, NRA, SCI
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 12:51:03 PM »
One of the biggest marijuana busts in the state of Washington ever was right behind that gate

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
My home owners insurance is covering the loss, the worst part for me is knowing these low lifes are still out there running loose,
I didn't realize this area was prone to break-ins and cars getting busted into but I sure do now, I wont be making the mistake of hunting the west side ever again.

Then you better quit hunting period. If you think this incident was strictly a west side thing you are in for some serious disappointment...

Sorry you lost your stuff, that sucks no matter where you are.
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
i take it you havent read any of the threads of what was going on during modern season on the east side this year? 
i do feel terrible for what happened as I have basically caught someone scouting my truck RIGHT off of 18 by one of those gates as I returned to it while I was muzzy hunting.
that area is home to some real tweakers, but as stated above this is far from a west side only thing. 

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 05:54:25 AM »
Maybe some of the homeless on the corners should consider becoming gate guards, sort of like the steelhead shuttle service on the coast
I'd pay someone to watch my truck while I hunted if their credentials checked out
not realistic I know, but it would work.
and it just as bad east, I remember some yak locals up on bluff watching me leave my truck horn hunting in the Cowiche one year.
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline danderson

• Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
Re: Robbed off Hy 18 update
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 07:03:08 AM »
A buddie of mine that's works in law enforcement has located my belonging at a pawn shop, the guy has been caught !

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
Re: Robbed off Hy 18 update
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »
A buddie of mine that's works in law enforcement has located my belonging at a pawn shop, the guy has been caught !

:brew:   Woo Hoo!!!  good news

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »
Great news dave!! Hope they throw the book at him!!
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline dewandgin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »
That's awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal