collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: PIG HUNTS IN IDAHO  (Read 25075 times)

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: PIG HUNTS IN IDAHO
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 09:46:46 PM »
Very interested in doing this, me and the wife have considered a pig hunt together for a while now. We're hitting disneyland the end of may and I was trying to sneak in a hog hunt for me and my family since we're driving down 8). Anyways this seems like a reasonable offer considering the distance and cost is effective with fuel at a all time low. Is there anyone with any personal reviews on here? My wife is looking to put her first animal down and my daughter is always up for an adventure. Curious as to non hunters coming as well? (I have a 5yr old who in would like to tag along)

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 02:23:33 AM »
MLBowhunting can give you some information if you are interested YOU have to CALL tomorrow and it's based on a quota so if you call early enough all of you can get pigs. Remember for some reason you don't get one you don't pay but I'm not seeing that as a problem. Please tell him I sent you I do this for you guys and it's same price I don't make anything just want people out shooting animals. Call Richard at 208-886-7072

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 02:31:16 AM »
Very interested in doing this, me and the wife have considered a pig hunt together for a while now. We're hitting disneyland the end of may and I was trying to sneak in a hog hunt for me and my family since we're driving down 8). Anyways this seems like a reasonable offer considering the distance and cost is effective with fuel at a all time low. Is there anyone with any personal reviews on here? My wife is looking to put her first animal down and my daughter is always up for an adventure. Curious as to non hunters coming as well? (I have a 5yr old who in would like to tag along)

Look on the post wannabe said there is plent of opportunity you can bring anyone you want to tag along make sure you have warm gear Idaho is cold

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 02:05:37 AM »

Look on the post wannabe said there is plent of opportunity you can bring anyone you want to tag along make sure you have warm gear Idaho is cold

Pulled the trigger on this for me and my wife at the end of may. I think it'll be a fun hunt. She has been hunting with a bow for the last 3 seasons and had close calls but no luck. I would really want her to harvest an animal with her bow just to get her confidence back up. I'll be taking my bow. And if all else fails I'll be packing a rifle just for the hell of it. Thanks for the heads up shooting stix! I'll post about the adventure when the time comes.

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
Re: PIG HUNTS IN IDAHO CALL TODAY!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 03:11:41 AM »
TODAY IS THE DAY TO CALL so first come first serve I put the number in the post so good luck and I would love to see all your pictures and stories on your hog adventure.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 06:39:54 AM »
tagging

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 07:29:49 AM »
I called, already filled!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
Mlb called at 0545 and it was already booked I was shocked when he told me that. I'm sorry about that guys if you booked let everyone who the lucky ones are so we can look forward to their pig pictures. Well I have pigs in Texas, Florida, and Washington still

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
I called him at 4pm yesterday to get the low down. And he told me to call at midnight, that was when he said he would be booking hunts. Then I wasn't sure if I was midnight pacific time or mtn time, so I called back. It was mtn time so 11pm pacific. I started calling right as the clock rolled over. Immediately busy. Kept calling to no avail, quickly downloaded a robo redial in app on my phone and let it go to town till I heard someone answer! Felt like one of those people that win a radio contest. By 11:15, all weekends in april were booked. And the soonest saturday was may 21st which we settled on. Gonna call later today to see if it's not too late to add a person to our hunting party.

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »
That is great man go get some Savora broadheads and put the smack down on some pigs I am excited for you I should have called to get more info but I had to send messages on other hunts

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »
I called him at 4pm yesterday to get the low down. And he told me to call at midnight, that was when he said he would be booking hunts. Then I wasn't sure if I was midnight pacific time or mtn time, so I called back. It was mtn time so 11pm pacific. I started calling right as the clock rolled over. Immediately busy. Kept calling to no avail, quickly downloaded a robo redial in app on my phone and let it go to town till I heard someone answer! Felt like one of those people that win a radio contest. By 11:15, all weekends in april were booked. And the soonest saturday was may 21st which we settled on. Gonna call later today to see if it's not too late to add a person to our hunting party.

Good luck, let us know how you like it! :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 08:23:22 PM »
Tagging along. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
These are a couple pigs of pigs coming out of Idaho I wished I knew he was taken calls at midnight otherwise I would have let you guys know but hopefully next year I just want to see hunters being successful and meat in the freezer. A lot of hunters hunt their butt off during elk and deer season not counting scouting before the season and not have any meat so I will come up with fun hunts that are more geared for filling the freezer good luck in 2016

Offline Shooting Stix

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
I got a message that the one person was luck enough to book the hunt was successful just waiting on the story and some pictures posted

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
Big thanks to Shooting Stix for posting this thread up. Without it I would have never known about this hunt. I've tried a few times to post a longer thread about the whole experience but everytime I don't finish it apparently my session times out and I have to start over. Stay tuned in the other big game section. But in the mean time here's the pictures of my pig.

We tried to get my wife the perfect shot with her bow most of the day and it just wouldn't happen. It got late in the day and we didn't want to come home empty handed. This one stopped on the run a little too long and I put one in its neck with the ar10 and dropped it in its tracks. Long story short.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal