collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Background Check Costly.  (Read 13102 times)

Offline Jarhead Chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NDA
Re: Background Check Costly.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »
Every new gun purchase i have ever made i get delayed. I dont know how come or the reason. The only thing i have ever done was got a speeding ticket. But in usually  2days i get the ok.  I dont know how to resolve this issue

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
I think you should be able to clear this up by getting a unique identifying number. I am not sure how to get one, but they have always had a spot for them on the paperwork. I think you register for it through NICS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

There is something just indescribably painful about being stuck behind a prius on the interstate.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »
If they did as you say they broke the law.  :yeah: Basically your saying they sold a firearm in WASHINGTON without a background check done.Never in all the firearms i have purchased was i ever charged before check was done.Especially in WASHINGTON now that we have I 594.

That is not correct. If the person took possession of the gun without a background check then yes. In this case it's perfectly legal for them to collect up front even though it should have been disclosed and is in very poor taste and a rip off at 100.00.

Take me for example. If I have a gun in stock and someone wants to buy it. They don't pay anything up front but it's known that if they fail there will be a 25.00 fee, which is what I charge for all transfers. Pass or fail.

If someone wants a custom order item or part. A business is perfectly legit to require a down payment or payment in full. A small guy like me cant be ordering 500-2000 rifles to not have people show up and pick them up. I am a trusting guy and with most members on here I will just order a gun. However I did get burned by one member backing out of buying a item from me after I ordered it for him.
This statement right here  :yeah: Is so far away from the topic that i'm just going to get out now. CUSTOM ORDER ITEMS WOULD BE SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THE OP IS TALKING ABOUT.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »
Not really. I do it with custom order items. No one else can decide what a business does but the owners. If they want to do it to stock items then that is there choice. That's my point.

Your statement about legality is far more off topic. No laws were broken to require payment up front as you suggested.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
I think if you accept FULL payment for an Item then you have sold that item.When you do your B/G check you put serial and all from that firearm on the B/G check,That firearm can now not be sold to anyone else until the check is complete or canceled.In my op. and only my op. you have sold that firearm.That is why if you read thru the rest of the member posts you will see that none of them have paid prior to the B/G so far.Do you get B/G done before you take money for a FIREARM?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
Every new gun purchase i have ever made i get delayed. I dont know how come or the reason. The only thing i have ever done was got a speeding ticket. But in usually  2days i get the ok.  I dont know how to resolve this issue

I think you should be able to clear this up by getting a unique identifying number. I am not sure how to get one, but they have always had a spot for them on the paperwork. I think you register for it through NICS.

Thanks i will look into it

Offline Jarhead Chase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NDA
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »
Any time. I just bought a new one before Christmas, so I have the paperwork fresh in my head.

There is something just indescribably painful about being stuck behind a prius on the interstate.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »
I think if you accept FULL payment for an Item then you have sold that item.When you do your B/G check you put serial and all from that firearm on the B/G check,That firearm can now not be sold to anyone else until the check is complete or canceled.In my op. and only my op. you have sold that firearm.That is why if you read thru the rest of the member posts you will see that none of them have paid prior to the B/G so far.Do you get B/G done before you take money for a FIREARM?

You are still missing the point. Your definition of sold is incorrect. The gun is on HOLD until the results are known. THE GUN IS NOT SOLD UNTIL THE BG CHECK CLEARS AND THE PERSON TAKES POSSESION.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 06:46:44 PM »
Ok,Without the name of this business this whole thread is nothing but drama.I see you steered clear of answering the question to.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
Ok,Without the name of this business this whole thread is nothing but drama.I see you steered clear of answering the question to.

You can go back and re-read one of my posts if you want the answer again.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »

You can go back and re-read one of my posts if you want the answer again.
So you take full payment for Custom order firearms before the background check is complete?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
If they did as you say they broke the law.  :yeah: Basically your saying they sold a firearm in WASHINGTON without a background check done.Never in all the firearms i have purchased was i ever charged before check was done.Especially in WASHINGTON now that we have I 594.

That is not correct. If the person took possession of the gun without a background check then yes. In this case it's perfectly legal for them to collect up front even though it should have been disclosed and is in very poor taste and a rip off at 100.00.

Take me for example. If I have a gun in stock and someone wants to buy it. They don't pay anything up front but it's known that if they fail there will be a 25.00 fee, which is what I charge for all transfers. Pass or fail.

If someone wants a custom order item or part. A business is perfectly legit to require a down payment or payment in full. A small guy like me cant be ordering 500-2000 rifles to not have people show up and pick them up. I am a trusting guy and with most members on here I will just order a gun. However I did get burned by one member backing out of buying a item from me after I ordered it for him.

Here you go :tup:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 07:06:59 PM »
Yes i said ok to all that,This was a off the shelf firearm,The store took full payment for the firearm before it was done and you already said you don't do that,I am simply saying that no one that i know does this.I think either this thread is phooey (without name of store)or this store is not quite legit. I think members on here would like to steer clear of it as stated by others.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
I do not disagree with that at all :tup: I just wanted to let you know that in this case from what has been said. No laws were broken and the gun was not sold.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
I do not disagree with that at all :tup: I just wanted to let you know that in this case from what has been said. No laws were broken and the gun was not sold.
Yes i see what your saying.almost sounds like the bg was never done and $100 was pocketed.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 07:14:36 PM »
To the OP. Was the phone call made while they were standing there?
"Boss of the woods"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]