collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mr. Brunsworth  (Read 20500 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Mr. Brunsworth
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bigbeamhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 09:04:21 AM »
I was the original poster of Jims truck being in Goldendale. I didn't think it was to big of a deal other than the dishonestly. We hunt these deer knowing they can not be scored as a blacktail in B/C or P/Y and only a very few in area are big enough to make it as a mule deer. As the for the guide and would never recommend him. As for the video where they are looking over the canyon. They are standing on the shoulder of the road. And side hilling on the other side of the guard rail. When this first happened Jim contacted me through email and I called him out for lying. He text me later and said he was going to come to my house and set me straight. I didn't really feel it was a threat I was hoping it was going to be an apology we played phone tag for awhil but became of it.
The only thing I thought was wrong was the lying and hunting with a guide that has from what I have heard pending charges from letting a client shoot an elk that ran on to the refuge and tried to retrieve it on a federal refuge. I won't go into that. He had an opportunity to introduce to hunters a different sub species of deer on chose to try and weasel a lie into his show.

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:45 AM »
 :yeah:
Exactly!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline BNAElkhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Life member NRA, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, SCI
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
Could  Proposal that we might bring up to anyone wanting to claim a animal for the record book   in this day in age  That it be documented with a digital picture. from a gps say  I know That this could also be faked but its a lot harder   Just a Thought

Offline haugenna

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 11:58:23 AM »
He was going to come to your house and set you straight?  That could be taken one of two ways, as a threat or an opportunity to educate you on deer.  I guess to be closer to the threat than education. If he worded it, "let's grab coffee or a beer and I would be happy to discuss the Benchleg species" I would take that as a friendly gesture and education.

Offline bigbeamhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
As far as educating me on the blacktail species. I could probably educate him and his guide. Considering I have for or five from both sides of the line that score from 130 to 150 or so. What bums me out about Jim is on his shows he takes the time to educate and show you tips. Most don't do that. But the lying thing is not cool. And I did take as a threat but wasn't to worried.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »
I was the original poster of Jims truck being in Goldendale. I didn't think it was to big of a deal other than the dishonestly. We hunt these deer knowing they can not be scored as a blacktail in B/C or P/Y and only a very few in area are big enough to make it as a mule deer. As the for the guide and would never recommend him. As for the video where they are looking over the canyon. They are standing on the shoulder of the road. And side hilling on the other side of the guard rail. When this first happened Jim contacted me through email and I called him out for lying. He text me later and said he was going to come to my house and set me straight. I didn't really feel it was a threat I was hoping it was going to be an apology we played phone tag for awhil but became of it.
The only thing I thought was wrong was the lying and hunting with a guide that has from what I have heard pending charges from letting a client shoot an elk that ran on to the refuge and tried to retrieve it on a federal refuge. I won't go into that. He had an opportunity to introduce to hunters a different sub species of deer on chose to try and weasel a lie into his show.
:yeah:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
As far as educating me on the blacktail species. I could probably educate him and his guide. Considering I have for or five from both sides of the line that score from 130 to 150 or so. What bums me out about Jim is on his shows he takes the time to educate and show you tips. Most don't do that. But the lying thing is not cool. And I did take as a threat but wasn't to worried.

Very much not cool.  And he has kids, he should be setting a better example. 

Offline Bigshooter

• Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Who cares.  This is like when a guy says he killed a 180 deer and the internet police get on here and say no way that thing is over 170.  Get over yourselves. 
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 06:03:50 AM »
Who cares.  This is like when a guy says he killed a 180 deer and the internet police get on here and say no way that thing is over 170.  Get over yourselves.

Evidently you lack the capacity to appreciate the fact that there is a difference in kind, not just a difference in degree involved here.  This is the SAME EXACT thing Kirt Darner was involved in, yes Darner claimed deer was a B&C Couse Whitetail when it was no such thing, it wasn't a Couse Whitetail at all. 

If a person claims to not care maybe it is because they identify with Darner & Burnworth and actively seek out outfitters like *censored* and the cat Burnworth hunted Roosevelt elk with in Graham, where there are no Roosevelt elk.  Shane Barbour.  Maybe they do this because they can claim a trophy as something it is not and want to have an outfitter provide "expert testimony" that it is what they claim or maybe they want to have a scapegoat all set up that they can deflect blame on if called out.

I think someone from the east coast or the mid west who booked a blacktail hunt in an area that blacktails are not recognized (precisely because the Coastal or Columbian blacktail population that lives there among st the mule deer cross deer shrinks to insignificance when compared to the entire deer population in the area) just might care.

If you still want to say:  Who cares?  For a start, well this article suggests that the B&C Club cares. 

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9857832

It took Jack Reneau, director of big-game records with Boone & Crockett years of travel through multiple states to find irrefutable proof of the violation, which the organization takes very seriously. As Reneau explained, having — or losing — those kinds of trophies can have a huge impact on an outfitter's livelihood.

After the organization stripped Darner of that record in 1990, others followed. 

A record-setting rare breed of small deer he claimed to have taken turned out to be another type of deer altogether. A bighorn sheep head was never legally documented when he left the game unit where he reportedly shot it. When the organization asked for a hands-on inspection of his other trophies, Darner withdrew all his purported records.

"text removed due to threat of lawsuit"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:05:35 AM by bearpaw »

Offline Bigshooter

• Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »

Evidently you lack the capacity to appreciate the fact that there is a difference in kind, not just a difference in degree involved here.  This is the SAME EXACT thing Kirt Darner was involved in, yes Darner claimed deer was a B&C Couse Whitetail when it was no such thing, it wasn't a Couse Whitetail at all. 

If a person claims to not care maybe it is because they identify with Darner & Burnworth and actively seek out outfitters like Twisted Horn and the cat Burnworth hunted Roosevelt elk with in Graham, where there are no Roosevelt elk.  Shane Barbour.  Maybe they do this because they can claim a trophy as something it is not and want to have an outfitter provide "expert testimony" that it is what they claim or maybe they want to have a scapegoat all set up that they can deflect blame on if called out.

I think someone from the east coast or the mid west who booked a blacktail hunt in an area that blacktails are not recognized (precisely because the Coastal or Columbian blacktail population that lives there among st the mule deer cross deer shrinks to insignificance when compared to the entire deer population in the area) just might care.

If you still want to say:  Who cares?  For a start, well this article suggests that the B&C Club cares. 

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9857832

It took Jack Reneau, director of big-game records with Boone & Crockett years of travel through multiple states to find irrefutable proof of the violation, which the organization takes very seriously. As Reneau explained, having — or losing — those kinds of trophies can have a huge impact on an outfitter's livelihood.

After the organization stripped Darner of that record in 1990, others followed. 

A record-setting rare breed of small deer he claimed to have taken turned out to be another type of deer altogether. A bighorn sheep head was never legally documented when he left the game unit where he reportedly shot it. When the organization asked for a hands-on inspection of his other trophies, Darner withdrew all his purported records.

What Danner did had ZERO effect on me.  Same with Jim.  I have better things to do than worry about where an animal was killed.  And if your dumb enough to book a hunting trip off of watching a hunting show you get what you deserve.  When B and C is tax payer funded I'll start to care.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »
Boone and Crockett is a joke that most I know intentionally skip.
Pope and Young are right there with em.

I think Mr. Burnsworth's deer are definitely part white and black tail.
If you look closely you will see both colors.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
Boone and Crockett is a joke that most I know intentionally skip.
Pope and Young are right there with em.

I think Mr. Burnsworth's deer are definitely part white and black tail.
If you look closely you will see both colors.
Only thing is, they are blacktail/mule deer cross...
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 02:55:34 PM »
Then explain the white part.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
Our Trophy Roosevelt Elk hunts are one of our best sellers along with Trophy Black Tail Deer. We have maintained 100% opportunity rate for trophy Roosevelt’s bulls in the 300″ range and trophy Black Tail Deer. Check out our gallery and compare it to our competitors. We simply produce what other outfitters cant. Our Pictures say it all.

https://www.outdoorsman.com/listing/twisted-horn-outfitters-washington-roosevelt-elk-hunting-guides/

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]