collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: that didnt take long  (Read 2326 times)

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
that didnt take long
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »
Well im over the cougar chaseing out all the deer on the last week of the season,and now im all ready to gobble about all the yoogling ive seen on the googler about these darn new turkey decoys. First off 3d?, digital  ? and since when did anything that size collapsible costs over a hundred dollar ?? I really would appreciate some input on there worth ,im thinking if I spend that much and I get cought ill be forced to turn it into a lamp or something much more usefull , ive got two rubber decoys ive had for 20 years Jackle and Henrietta, ive touched them up over the years and they seem to work fine or am I missing something ,,, missing that brings up another wallet robbing scam in my hunting dream mags. , these guys that think there are fools out there that can afford to shoot 20 or 25 3 and half inch shells to make sure our patterns are right , well I for one don't have sponcers paying me to lie about these things so I cant afford that magical trick so I just go with 3 inchers on my 28 inch barreled Remington super mag and watch the feathers fly, so as before any information on how much time im wasteing or money I might be saveing is much appreciated, COME ON SPRING TIME !!
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: that didnt take long
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:43:21 AM »
I was thinking the same thing

Offline WaltAlpine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Westside address - Eastside Heart
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:17:53 AM »
Bring on the spring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »
Really prefer hunting with out decoys. Locate, setup, one guy falls back to call and bang-flap-flap-flap.  I hunt mostly public land diy hunts and I think decoys often hold them up more often than not for me. Not to say they aren't a good tool, I've set up under the roost trees late in the afternoon with one hen and a jake and had the tom come in running to beat up my decoy but that was a silent hunt.  A call or 2 that your good with and a shotgun you know where it hits and what range you can kill with is worthwhile way more than any gadget or decoy
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline kevinlisa06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 05:38:03 PM »
I have carried a hen decoy for years and never have killed a bird over it. The new decoys look great and are damn expensive.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal