collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone ever tried a Do-It-Yourself Turkey Map from Bearpaw Outfitters?  (Read 7328 times)

Offline cowboycraig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • What is an Operator?
  • Groups: NRA
I am new to hunting Turkey (not to hunting though) and am from the West Side. Think Bearpaw's maps are focused around the Colville area.

Since I don't know the area at all, but hear it is good Turkey hunting, figure the $275 is worth it? Bit of a drive for scouting so want to maximize effectiveness of scouting trips etc.

Anyone ever try one of these out or have rocking great things to say about Bearpaw?

Source fro map http://bearpawoutfitters.com/washington_turkey_hunting.html

Thanks!
Craig

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
I have consider it, but have yet to do a turkey hunting trip over there, but I know if  or when I di, I will probably get one of his maps.

This subject comes up every year. Talk with Dale, he's a good guy and  a wealth of knowledge   :tup:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline cowboycraig

• Longhunter
    • What is an Operator?
I have consider it, but have yet to do a turkey hunting trip over there, but I know if  or when I di, I will probably get one of his maps.

This subject comes up every year. Talk with Dale, he's a good guy and  a wealth of knowledge   :tup:

Dale?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
I've got one coming my way. After a few trips with mediocre at best results, I'm trying to stack the odds a little more in my favor.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope

Dale?
"Bearpaw" on here is Dale Denny. Bearpaw outfitters.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt

Dale?

Dale is the owner.
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
I bought a WA whitetail map from him and if his turkey maps are anything like those it is worth the money if you want to get some great intel.

He will give you some pretty specific areas to explore and its not a guarantee but it will save you some time and give you a great place to focus on.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Step one, get to addy. Step 2, get on that road heading to Gifford or marble valley. Step 3, ask any of the farmers with the hundreds of turkeys in their fields if you can hunt some. Step 4, find the public land behind the farms because most the farmers will say no. Counted over 2 dozen dead turkeys on the road from colville to loon lake.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline cowboycraig

• Longhunter
    • What is an Operator?
Thanks very much for all the feedback!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Offline cowboycraig

• Longhunter
    • What is an Operator?
Step one, get to addy. Step 2, get on that road heading to Gifford or marble valley. Step 3, ask any of the farmers with the hundreds of turkeys in their fields if you can hunt some. Step 4, find the public land behind the farms because most the farmers will say no. Counted over 2 dozen dead turkeys on the road from colville to loon lake.
Noted

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Re: Anyone ever tried a Do-It-Yourself Turkey Map from Bearpaw Outfitters?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
Dale,

Might want to see if you can get this addressed. 

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 02:59:38 PM »
No problem navigating there, but the link takes me to something that flags the anti-spyware. 

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 04:53:16 AM »
That's funny, I drive that road all the time and have never seen that many dead turkeys.

Offline WaltAlpine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Westside address - Eastside Heart
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
Over 2 dozen....
I heard of a place like that where the turkeys cross the hiway there so much it looks like an upland bird interstate.
I drove the road for an entire weekend looking any sign of wildlife.
Best to scout...and if you've got one of dale's maps your scouting will be that much better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 07:57:04 AM »
Well I am such a bad turkey hunter (because I haven't killed one in many years of trying) called them in, missed, sneak in behind me yep. Called to me for hours wont come,yep.
Last year I hunted so hard in the rain I was in birds every day. Exhausted I built a fire under a tree to dry out,fell asleep and caught my pants on fire.

One of my hunting partners would hunt a week with me and book a hunt with Bearpaw the week after. He was that confident of filling his tag with me. :chuckle:

Hunting with Bearpaw twice , four tags he got three or four birds with Dale.  This year he is back hunting with me cause he dosen't care if he shoots another one  :chuckle:

He says Berarpaw knows his stuff ,so I suspect the maps are good too.

But me I am too darn stubborn. i want to kill one on my terms.  I wasn't going to go this year, but couple other guys I took last year begged me to go, they had so much fun.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal