collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Braxton is 14 and Now he has a New Bow!  (Read 11074 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Braxton is 14 and Now he has a New Bow!
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
I've been shooting with Braxton every Wednesday now for about 4.5 years. The number of days we've missed in that time I could count on both hands. When I started, some of you will remember, I solicited donations and you all stepped up to the plate with money, clothing, Binos - all kinds of stuff. That rocked his world. About 3 months later, he grew out of the Martin Tiger we got him and his dad and I got him into a Bear Apprentice II. So he's been shooting that for 4 years. He's pulled just about as much out of that bow as he can and I think he needs an upgrade to keep him excited. I mentioned it to his folks around Christmas but I don't think they're able to put in anything for a new bow at this time. So, I'm going to start squirreling money away to get him into something more suiting his talent and teenage years, and one he can use for hunting if he so chooses. I intend on buying it through Archery World down here in Vancouver. If any of you want to throw in $10 or so, I might be able to do it sooner.

I know I seem to come to you guys a lot for stuff like this and I understand if you're tapped. But if you're interested in helping out my little neighbor, please send a PM and we'll get it moving. Thanks so much for putting up with an old beggar!
PMan
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:00:38 PM by pianoman9701 »
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Braxton is 14 and Needs a New Bow
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:45:51 AM »
Bump
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
Can you PM me a good address for you?
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »
Thanks Jonathan. PM sent.

FYI folks: I'm planning on getting him a Bear Cruzer. With draw length adjustable to the .5" and poundage adjustable from 20-70 lbs, this should be the last bow this kid will need for a very long time. The stripped version is $300 and we can move most of his accessories over. The RTH (Ready To Hunt) version is $399. I'm also going to be looking at an upgraded stabilizer.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »
If you get the bare bow, I have a whisker biscuit and a cheap tru-glo site that I'll send your way. 

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:23:06 AM »
If you get the bare bow, I have a whisker biscuit and a cheap tru-glo site that I'll send your way.

Thank you for the offer, Dhoey. He has a whisker biscuit and a nice site we'll be moving over to the new bow. I appreciate it very much, thank you!  :tup:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »
For those of you who don't do checks, Archery World will take payment over the phone. If you call them and say that the payment is for Braxton's bow vis John W's account, they already know you might be calling. Their telephone number is 360-693-7510 and they're in Vancouver, WA. They may also be able to email you a receipt. In lieu of that, I will make a full accounting of all funds received once the bow is purchased. Thanks guys. If you want to PM me for my contact details, please do.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
Three of you guys stepped up with some donations and I appreciate that so much. It'll mean a lot to this young man. I was able to come up with a couple hundred this weekend and this is going to happen as soon as we order and receive the bow. It'll be a complete surprise and I'll make sure to capture the event on video and show you what it means to him. Thanks everyone.

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »
I am just now seeing this. What a great thing you are doing! Are you still looking for donations?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 05:29:09 AM »
I am just now seeing this. What a great thing you are doing! Are you still looking for donations?

Thanks Steve. I think we're all set now. I've got enough for the bow and some new arrows. No doubt I'll have my hand out for another project down the road.  :chuckle: I appreciate you asking.

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »
I am blown away by your dedication to Braxton. You, sir, are an inspiration to us all!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »
I am blown away by your dedication to Braxton. You, sir, are an inspiration to us all!

It gives me an excuse to leave work early every wednesday and go shoot my bow. He's a good kid. Now that he's a little older and his ADHD is under control, it's not a chore like it was in the first couple of years. Thanks Steve.

Offline Jolten

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
I have a spare radsav peep and 1 package of 3-broadheads with replacement blades if he's interested.
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »
I have a spare radsav peep and 1 package of 3-broadheads with replacement blades if he's interested.

He's not quite ready for broadheads yet - no target and no hunting license. We have the peep covered already. Thanks so very much for your offer. I appreciate it a lot. Once he passes Hunter Ed, I may come back to you on the broadheads.  :tup:

Offline Jolten

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
No worries. My offer will stand. If I don't have these I'll gladly purchase more.
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal